The Possibility Of A Competition

efegea

Is there any plans for a competition? Craigix said it liked the idea (as far as I remember)

I'd really like to submit an entry.

But it's still to decide if the entry should be a game for the GP2X, for PC windows/linux but portable, or developed using the OpenGL ES 2.0 wrappers for pc.

Well, before discussing for what platform should it be, better to discuss if the compo will be or not?

I would like it, but how would you go about choosing the random number?
as seed values based on milliseconds can never be as random as pulling a slip of crumpled paper from a hat full of other papers

efegea said:
Is there any plans for a competition? Craigix said it liked the idea (as far as I remember)

I'd really like to submit an entry.

But it's still to decide if the entry should be a game for the GP2X, for PC windows/linux but portable, or developed using the OpenGL ES 2.0 wrappers for pc.

Well, before discussing for what platform should it be, better to discuss if the compo will be or not?

If you want to hold a competition, then do it. The people who would normally do something like this (Craig and ED) are a bit tied up with other things right now, so if you want to get something going you'll have to do it yourself. Since you're doing it yourself you can make up whatever rules you want.

If nobody is going to step up to organize the whole thing and offer a prize, then there is no compo. It's that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, but the first thing to decide who the donor will be, and if they will accept it or not.

I was thinking an entry fee at first, but then realized,
hey. these guys are broke as it is trying to afford a pandora.
so...who would foot the bill? could we get some popular gaming site to sponsor it? they'd get lots of publicity.

We could all pledge an amount towards one of the first batch, Craigix or EvilD could guarantee the contest winner would get one of the first completed batch. Once we have enough pledges people would step up and pay. Then when they are ready one would be sent to the contest winner.

We did a similar thing a while back and it worked well. People who pledge an amount get their name listed in a thread, then when its time to pay their names get crossed off the list. If they dont pay they get ridiculed by the community and someone else steps in to offer to pay or the whole thing is called off if we cant make up the difference... not like that will happen.

I think it was Prophet who organized a gp2x for skeezix this way and I chipped in a few bucks.

craigix said:
GBAX2008 will feature the Pandora :)
What if it doesn't come out in 2008? :p

/Troll, sorry, to hard to pass up.
//Wants me my Pandora, may get back into programming because of it.

:D :lol: the fact that we have two seasons left (and haven't even cracked the season we're in) I'm content that I'll get mine in November. Until then, we all have enough time to learn ES 2.0, the first book on it isn't even coming out until July, right? I haven't checked in a while. I would love a ES 2.0 competition later down the line after the GBAX08.

craigix said:
Thanks craigix.

I thought then that the GBAX2008 will be when the pandora will be out, and as we don't know when the pandora will be out, we can't ask when the GBAX2008 will be :D

BackAssward said:
craigix said:
What if it doesn't come out in 2008? :p

/Troll, sorry, to hard to pass up.
//Wants me my Pandora, may get back into programming because of it.

lol :lol:
we just see early prototypes, and yet you talk about quick release dates... you sure are hiding something sweet ;)

Back