The Psp-3000 - Now Semi Official, With Pics

SatanClaus

psp3000.jpg

The FCC leaked the new PSP version. Nothing new, the same design, but I tought you might be interested.

But didn't the FCC leak reveal this to be the PSP-3001 and not the PSP-3000 that you have stated. That's what I remember from reading it over at Kotaku.

So why is it a new version, have they just changed the WiFi module or something?

Wifi is unchanged. Speculation is that the BOM has changed in favor of cheaper parts to lower cost. There has also been speculation it contains measures to try and prevent pirating. I'm leaning towards the former, because the latter requires them to modify their own method of changing firmware on psps.

So, no need to consider my brand new PSP Lite as outdated just yet? People've been telling me that there's only another six games getting made for it, but an updated unit should qualm any of those rumours, right?

TwoHeadedBoy said:
So, no need to consider my brand new PSP Lite as outdated just yet? People've been telling me that there's only another six games getting made for it, but an updated unit should qualm any of those rumours, right?
No, it doesn't look like any functionality will be added, but it's possible. It may get a little better battery life if they are using shrunken chips in there.

According to gamestop, there's at least 30 more games coming for the psp:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx...&PerPage=50

However, I think we should start hearing about a successor by E3 next year. My best is on a custom nvidia soc with a cortex A9 inside, but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
TwoHeadedBoy said:
As if. Square alone are making about that many, what with Birth By Sleep, FF Agito XIII, Dissidia, the 3rd Birthday and probably some others.

Ooh, Yggdra Union's getting done for it... That's a bitch to track down for the GBA, look forward to playing it on PSP instead.

As for the TV-out, that same friend has told me it's too fiddly to bother with. Requires a TV that supports progressive scan, which mine does not. So if you're the type that owns/knows of a progressive scan-enabled TV, go for it. Should be good enough I reckon.

hi everyone though i would post this news from gamespot about the new PSP-3000

Reeves formally announced the PSP-3000, which had been rumored for several months. The model will come with a built-in microphone and a new screen that will "reduce any glare that the user may experience." The handheld will arrive October 15 in Europe via eight €199 bundles.

doesnt sound like anything that could really do any harm to the future pandora handheld.

see full story at

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6196290.html?t...adlines;title;1

An internal harddrive would have been nice...

If I didn't have a Slim & Lite I might have been interested, but as I have (and that another gaming handheld (I forget its name ;)) is due soon, I think I'll leave it.

Squidge said:
I wonder how many security holes this version will have :D

Whats the betting that that is the real reason for the 'facelift'?

Some more news about the PSP-3000.

Looks like its going to be shipping in October.

Nothing much new:

* Better screen
* Built-in microphone (for skype and other software)
* Curvier exterior
* 'Home' button now a 'Playstation logo' button.
* TV-out is now friendly with older TVs. ie you don't need progressive scan

I wonder if it will have DivX in firmware? That's really what this beast is missing.

Back