The Revival Of The Ps2

Website
Visit site
Recently, there have been so many good PS2 titles coming out. FFXII, Okami, Digital Devil Saga 2, God Hand etc.

There is no need to have a next-gen console at the moment, especially not a PS3. I just hope that some of the best games ever to grace the platform aren't overlooked because of the rush to have everything in HD.

I keep meaning to play ff12 but recently i just dont play much games and cant be arsed. I also have god hand wich i think is great but can never be arsed playing it.

Ive just been signd of work for another 2 weeks so i might start playin more games :) I have lots of great games for next gen and last gen but just could never be arsed playin them :(.
I so want to finish Zelda TP on the wii but i havent actually turned my wii on in weeks !

I got rid of my ps2 2 years back after 5 years of service and only now am I beginning to say I want it back to play FF12 and Okami. But, I believe that the Dreamcast was and in many ways still is the best console around today and if only it was still having games for it.

I need to hook my dreamcast back up. I miss it sitting under my tv

I still play DC quite often. As soon as PS3's are in all the shops there should be a nice ready supply of cheap second hand PS2's. Can't wait for a game of We Love Katamari.
I've always been one generation behind in video games... it's a much cheaper way of doing things.. :)

I soooo badly want to play Rogue Galaxy and God of War 2, but I'm afraid I no longer have my PS2 :(

I'll have to re-buy one, because I don't plan on buying a PS3 anytime soon.

SiDCrAzY posted on Mar 2 2007 at 10:02 AM said:
God of War 2

I can't fucking wait for this to come out. I'm literally running to the game store to pre-order like a week before it's slated for release :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo9, unfortunately, i could see the price of some ps2 games increasing even if they second hand. I regularly check my game stores for gamecube games and since the wii came out, the majority have gone up in price with some still at about £30 even though they are second hand (Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem and Baten Kaitos all come in around that mark). Funnily though, i can find a copy of Beyond Good and Evil for PS2 easily but the gamecube version is nigh on impossible to find and from wat ive been told is selling for about 3 times wat the ps2 version is selling for.

Ganepark32 posted on Mar 2 2007 at 07:14 PM said:
Halo9, unfortunately, i could see the price of some ps2 games increasing even if they second hand. I regularly check my game stores for gamecube games and since the wii came out, the majority have gone up in price with some still at about £30 even though they are second hand (Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem and Baten Kaitos all come in around that mark). Funnily though, i can find a copy of Beyond Good and Evil for PS2 easily but the gamecube version is nigh on impossible to find and from wat ive been told is selling for about 3 times wat the ps2 version is selling for.
Yeah, but that's because most people didnt have a GameCube. I'd guess that the vast vast majority of PS3 owners have had a PS2 and therefore had the chance to play PS2 releases.

Dreamcast is hands down the best console ever made; I think pretty much anybody who had one knows that. In my opinion GBA comes in second.

As far as PS2, it has turned into a very nice platform over the years. But Sega better release Yakuza 2 in the US, or I'll be very, very angry. :angry:

As far as PS2, it has turned into a very nice platform over the years. But Sega better release Yakuza 2 in the US, or I'll be very, very angry.
It has some good stuff, but most is pretty crap. Lots of license games and titles built on hype and fuzz with little substance (see Killzone and all those horrible sports games for instance). Also, the PS2's usually gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to multi-platform games (RE4 for instance) in terms of technical prowess and, to a certain extent, content.

Dreamcast is hands down the best console ever made; I think pretty much anybody who had one knows that. In my opinion GBA comes in second.

Yeah, the DC is a nice console and had some really good games. Its build-quality is dubious however (though not as bad as the PS2, the most anemically constructed console ever. The super hot 360 might overtake it by the end of this generation if failure rates keep up). As for the best console ever made... that's a tough one. It's a tie between the Genesis and the Saturn for me.

epitaph posted on Mar 3 2007 at 06:16 PM said:
As far as PS2, it has turned into a very nice platform over the years. But Sega better release Yakuza 2 in the US, or I'll be very, very angry.
It has some good stuff, but most is pretty crap. Lots of license games and titles built on hype and fuzz with little substance (see Killzone and all those horrible sports games for instance). Also, the PS2's usually gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to multi-platform games (RE4 for instance) in terms of technical prowess and, to a certain extent, content.

Yeah, the DC is a nice console and had some really good games. Its build-quality is dubious however (though not as bad as the PS2, the most anemically constructed console ever. The super hot 360 might overtake it by the end of this generation if failure rates keep up). As for the best console ever made... that's a tough one. It's a tie between the Genesis and the Saturn for me.
I'm plugging the SNES. That, IMO, is top notch.

epitaph posted on Mar 3 2007 at 11:16 PM said:

Yeah, lol, I got mine out to play Shenmue (Never quite got into that game, the controls frustrated me) only to find out that the plastic casing around the av out section that plugs into the dreamcase had broken off, revealing all the wires soldered onto the board.

Funny thing is that this is the second one that's done this, but the first one completely broke when the solders came loose. Gruntfuggly kindly donated this one.

Nova posted on Mar 3 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
Yeah, lol, I got mine out to play Shenmue (Never quite got into that game, the controls frustrated me)
Stick with it in Shenmue. The controls become second nature after a while.

Greatest story ever told in a video game. So sad it never got finished. :(

i have a dreamcast got it after i got a ps2 (i think :huh: ) Mainly for shenmue. Shenmue was good and i loved pso and pso2 and thats about it. I think the reason i loved pso so much was it was really the first online games i had played as ididnt have a pc at that time. PS2 is and was better.

shinneri posted on Mar 3 2007 at 10:22 PM said:
Nova posted on Mar 3 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
Yeah, lol, I got mine out to play Shenmue (Never quite got into that game, the controls frustrated me)
Stick with it in Shenmue. The controls become second nature after a while.

Greatest story ever told in a video game. So sad it never got finished. :(
I don't know about greatest, but it was pretty good, and the big brawl near the end was like something out of a Bruce Lee movie.

Ravnos posted on Mar 4 2007 at 10:56 AM said:
I don't know about greatest, but it was pretty good, and the big brawl near the end was like something out of a Bruce Lee movie.
Well, I'm including Shenmue II in that statement, which furthers the story immensely. And it's also the presentation that makes the story so great. No other game has made me actually like and care about the characters like I do in Shenmue I/II.

CABBAGES posted on Mar 4 2007 at 09:07 PM said:
the voice acting was great too ;)
I'm sure Gillian McKeith did the voicework

Back