The Ur-quan Masters 2x Add-on Language Pack V1.1

senquack

I feel a great disturbance in the source
Website
Visit site
Link to addon language pack: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,2412

This language pack adds support to The Ur-Quan Masters 2X for the following languages: Suomen kieli (Finnish), Русский язык (Russian), Español (Spanish), & Deutsch Sprache (German). The Ur-Quan Masters 2X is a port to the GP2X by Senor Quack of The Ur-Quan Masters, an open source port of Star Control II. The thread for discussion is currently: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39355

Fixed in Version 1.1 Jan 9 2008::
* Replaced German translation with slightly different version I found. German translation now works! Wunderbar! Thanks to fusion_power for testing.

What is Star Control II?

(FROM http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/Star_Control_II):
Star Control II, the sequel to the original Star Control, is a space adventure game that features role-playing elements alongside a robust 2D combat system. It was a milestone for non-linear gaming and an undeniable influence on modern space travel games such as Homeworld; many consider it one of the best computer games of all time. The player assumes the role of the captain of a single starship wandering a detailed environment of solar systems, gradually gathering information and resources in order to defeat a mysterious and implacable enemy; the plot contains numerous mysteries and other half-explained elements that contribute to the beauty of the game, along with a rare sense of humor that manifests numerous times, inevitably having the player rolling on the floor laughing.

[Cut]
Instructions:
Extract the .ZIP archive into the top game folder. It will extract several new .GPE files that will launch each language. It will also extract new content into the "content/packages/addons" folder. Run the file "uqm_???.gpe" to run a specific language, ex. uqm_spa.gpe for Spanish.

Deutsch Sprache:
germanyzm2.gif

http://sc2de.berlios.de/modules/news/

Extrahiere das zip-Archiv, das das Sprachpaket enthält, in den Hauptordner von UQM2X. Eine neue GPE-Datei wird dorthin und neue Sprachpakete nach "content/packages/addons/" extrahiert. Führe "uqm2xger.gpe" aus, um die deutsche Version zu starten.

Suomen kieli:
finlandjy2.gif

http://www2.kyamk.fi/~vi3dhepe/uqm-fin/index.html

Pura .zip-kansio pelin ylimpään kansioon. Paketista purkautuu useita uusia .gpe tiedostoja, jotka käynnistävät kunkin kielen version. Myöskin "content/packages/addons"-kansioon ilmaantuu uutta sälää. Aja "uqm_???.gpe"-tiedosto käynnistääksesi tietynkielisen version, esim. uqm_spa.gpe, joka on espanjankielinen.

Русский язык:
russiand9.gif

http://uqm-rus.sh.nu/

Выдержка ".ZIP" файл в высоком уровне UQM игры папку. Новая .GPE файлы будут извлечены в папку игры. Новый язык файлы будут размещены в "content/packages/addons" папку. Выполнить "uqm_rus.gpe", чтобы начать русскоязычную версию игры.

En Español:
spainog4.gif
mexicoap6.gif

http://www.custom-creations.org/~starsite/UQM-spa/

Extraer ".ZIP" en el archivo de nivel superior de UQM juego carpeta. Nueva .GPE archivos se extrajeron en la carpeta del juego. Nuevo idioma archivos se colocarán en "content/packages/addons" carpeta. Run "uqm_spa.gpe" para iniciar la versión en español del juego.

A quick screenshot to show what it's all about:
i1438030_title.png

[/Cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Extract Sprache Packung. ZIP-Datei in der obersten Ordner UQM2X. Eine neue GPE ausführbare Datei extrahiert werden im obersten Ordner und neue Sprache Pakete werden in "content/packages/addons/"-Ordner. Run "uqm2xger.gpe", um die deutsche Sprachversion des Spiels."

??? :D
Uh, maybe you better use my little translation. ;)

Great game. Funny conversations, with the language Pack, the whole thing gets much better. :)

fusion_power said:
"Extract Sprache Packung. ZIP-Datei in der obersten Ordner UQM2X. Eine neue GPE ausführbare Datei extrahiert werden im obersten Ordner und neue Sprache Pakete werden in "content/packages/addons/"-Ordner. Run "uqm2xger.gpe", um die deutsche Sprachversion des Spiels."

Great game. Funny conversations, with the language Pack, the whole thing gets much better. :)
Hey, did Donskeeto play a prank on me or something? :) What did he say in German there that I don't know about!?

edit: Ok, I screwed up and pasted in the wrong translation, I changed it to proper one:

Extrahiere das zip-Archiv, das das Sprachpaket enthält, in den Hauptordner von UQM2X. Eine neue GPE-Datei wird dorthin und neue Sprachpakete nach "content/packages/addons/" extrahiert. Führe "uqm2xger.gpe" aus, um die deutsche Version zu starten.

Nice job Senor Quack, now even more people will get to enjoy this fantastic game on their GP2X :) Thanks again for making such a high-quality port!

Senor Quack said:
fusion_power said:

Hey, did Donskeeto play a prank on me or something? :) What did he say in German there that I don't know about!?

Uh, my english isn't creative enough to translate it. :blink: You can read it and you can understand it if you try hard but its not correct german. I would call it the "google translation german" to.
But it doesn't matter because it's really easy to install the package. I had seen more complicated install procedures during my Computer life. :)

"Kiristävä ".ZIP" arkistoida ardor ylin rampa kansio. Se jälkisäädös aiheuttaa veres .GPE arkistoida ja kohta käännös pakkaus "content/packages/addons/" Ajelu "uqm_fin.gpe" jotta alku Finnish käännös."

Oooooooooo, damn. :eek: :lol:

Pura .zip-kansio pelin ylimpään kansioon. Paketista purkautuu useita uusia .gpe tiedostoja, jotka käynnistävät kunkin kielen version. Myöskin "content/packages/addons"-kansioon ilmaantuu uutta sälää. Aja "uqm_???.gpe"-tiedosto käynnistääksesi tietynkielisen version, esim. uqm_spa.gpe, joka on espanjankielinen.

Though, we finns tend to be well versed in Her Majesty's English... :)

Jarska333 said:
"Kiristävä ".ZIP" arkistoida ardor ylin rampa kansio. Se jälkisäädös aiheuttaa veres .GPE arkistoida ja kohta käännös pakkaus "content/packages/addons/" Ajelu "uqm_fin.gpe" jotta alku Finnish käännös."

Oooooooooo, damn. :eek: :lol:

Though, we finns tend to be well versed in Her Majesty's English... :)
Hey, thanks a lot! I'll use both yours and fusion_power's translations in my next release.. I know that Finnish translator is garbage because I've read some of its English output and I can't understand much of anything!!

Back