There's an air bubble under the screen in my 1ghz unit... Is it possible to fix somehow?

lobski

It's suuuuuper annoying. Do I need to replace the entire LCD? Or is it something I can repair?

Well, the only two options are 1) to pierce the screen to let the air out and 2) to detach the film, let the air out and put the film back.

No idea which one is the best though. A photo would be nice.

Try with a hair dryer. Not sure if it works though but worth a try than piercing the screen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of a couple of ways a hair dryer would make the problem worse, but not one that would make it better. I'd suggest not trying that one unless you've a better idea than me about how it would work.

Edit: If the bubble is between the LCD and the touch layer, that should be fixable with patience and a steady hand. Never done it myself though.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe a contraption with a vacuvin or those bags where you put in a clothes and it has a vacuum pump...

Personally, I would put a "weckpot" (not sure how its called in english, just look it up with images) and, with a closed lid warm the glass up. When you open it it will pop, so maybe open it once in a while. Once the glass is warm, put in the screen, then close it, and let it cool, finally in the ice compartiment of the fridge, this will create a little underpressure, maybe that is enough to reduce the bubble?

I think the Pandora is sensitive too to low pressures... so you' d have to put in only the screen...

here is the autoclave

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BuPNCbIAdHM?feature=oembed

Back