This Or A Pandora

GrungBuk

Still Fresh
wow I fannally get the green light for a pandora and the offer of a 72 VW squareback is dropped into my lap for a little more than the pandora (for $500)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm thinking about it and the pandora is awesome and I would never put it down but then again the squareback is my dream car and it would be my first car, how many chances do you get for that?

My parents had a squareback when I was growing up, sucked sitting in the back over the motor.

This is easy, get the car. Transportation is more important.

Save your money to get the Pandora later. It's not like you can get it now anyway since it's sold out.
Save up for the 2nd batch.

you will prob need more than 500 to fix it and keep it running

yeah thats true I will finally be able to stop walking places for hours on end and I LOVE squarebacks but I REALLY REALLY want the pandora but it's true the car 1 time offer the pandora can wait but the thing is I'd probably have to wait until the middle of next year to the end to get the pandora

I'm still a little unsure

i'd suggest getting the car and using it to get a job (or better job) so that you can 1. keep the car running and 2. be able to afford the pandora sooner than 2010. that is as long as your dream car isn't a big waste of money. it does run, right?

yeah it runs but its just not in the best aesthetic appearance

Yeah I'm gonna get the car thanks for your guys opinions

Look at it like this, the 2nd batch of preorders for the Pandora aren't going out the door until March of 2009 ... We need not have to mention the first batch isn't even out yet.

So, you could preorder for the 2nd batch and wait. But now you're sitting around waiting when you could of had your dream car ... and you could been driving it around and learning how to work on it.

So, instant gratification, or wait ... probably half miserably waiting.

yep, go for the car

Fishbong said:
...snip...
I know it's been changed for a while but I liked your old one (avatar, that is) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Car will get you chicks, Pandora will scare them away, too geeky. Car wins, period. Though you can play Outrun in Pandora, which is much better than driving in real life and you get a blond on your side, hmm...

As has already been stated, the first batch is sold out and they're not taking any more preorders. I'm not sure if they're even accepting preorders for batch 2 yet, since there's been no official announcement stating that there will even BE a second batch. Anything I've seen in the forums has been speculation.

So the real question is, "Do you even have the option to buy a Pandora right now?" I think the answer is no, in which case, go for the car.

Even if the answer was yes, and they were accepting preorders for batch two, the question would be, "Do you want to tie up $340 for an indefinite period of time during which you'll have nothing to show for it but a confirmation number?" Again, a big old negatory to that.

Go for the car.

Zor Prime said:
Look at it like this, the 2nd batch of preorders for the Pandora aren't going out the door until March of 2009 ...
Why would it take them so long to get a second batch out?

Last edited by a moderator:
March isn't that far away in the scheme of things. It could be nearly January by the time all the first batchers have their Pandora (my own speculation based on late November ship date & international delivery times, please dear readers, don't quote me). They'll want to see how it flies in the wild before rushing into a new batch.

i have a pimped squareback and 2 vw's sitting outside my window. They rule, anyways, cars are more important, butttttt i spent all my replacement car money on a pandora, so meh.

Back