Thruster For Gp2X 1.2

Vilmos

Website
Visit site
Thruster is a fast paced cave flyer where the goal is to reach as high as you can without crashing while eroding the landscape with your thruster. To do so you will need some fast reflexes and a good eye.

Thruster_GP2X.jpg

Download Thruster for GP2X

Featuring:
- Three different game modes
- Two difficulty levels
- High score tables with replay - You can watch previous games and see how the high scores were done.
- Beautiful backgrounds by Mentis and Mrpropre
- Three included ogg tracks with the ability to add any MOD, MP3 or OGG files to the tracklist.
- More than 2K particles in play at once
- Music directory and background files are fully scripted. Complete user control is now possible.

Installation:
Install all the files and folders in the directory of your choice. Directory structure must remain intact.

How to play:
Fly as high as you can, erode the landscape with your thruster.
Joystick moves left/right, the more you push the faster your ship turns.
X/B/Right Trigger is the Thrust button.
Left Trigger is slowdown (slower turning speed, not thrust)
Select is pause.

Customization:
Add music in MOD, MP3 or OGG format to ./music
Make sure the filename isn't huge, max of 256 characters.
To change the configuration of the music directory you must edit the musicdir.cfg file and leave it in the Thruster dir.
Follow the instructions in the script file, but essentially just leave a relative path to the music directory and all should be fine.
Backgrounds: Customizing the background requires a bit more effort. The scripts are found in the bscript (background script) directory and are full of comments to make things easy. You will need a background image in Images and then follow the instructions in the script level files to change the colour schemes to match the background. Just adding the script and the image is enough to get it added to the background rotation.

PokeParadox got me into the files for Thruster and I remembered this version I made in 2007 but never released so here it is now finally! The main changes are the ability to customize the graphics and sound in the game. I also fixed a couple of bugs and optimized a bit.

Hope you enjoy it and post some backgrounds! :D

A very addictive game. Thanks.

Which version it is, 1.0 or 1.2? The readme file says 1.0 and in the menu's game says v1, but the ending of the file is 1.2. I'm asking because I'm going to upload it to www.gp32spain.com

When I tried this version it seemed a lot faster than I remember with a bit of thrust moving me pretty far. Not sure if there is a problem or if its just different than I remember. I just copied the files in the directory where my previous version was. Not sure if I should have started in a new directory.

Thanks for this Vilmos. I have missed this on the GP2x before. Fun game ot play even if I usually don't like Thrust games too much...

Back