Thumb Pad

aaronson911

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello, I have been reading your forms for some time and thinking about getting a gp2x, and was wondering, does any one have any idea when the new thumb pad will come out. Is the thumb pad worth it to wait on buying one.
any reply would be great

I'd wait. I don't think anyone's saying how much of an improvement the controller is, but it's guarunteed to be at least a little better, and there are supposed to be other improvements. These changes are supposed to come in May, so there's not much of a wait.

Serith posted on Apr 27 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
I'd wait. I don't think anyone's saying how much of an improvement the controller is, but it's guarunteed to be at least a little better, and there are supposed to be other improvements. These changes are supposed to come in May, so there's not much of a wait.
do you have any idea when in may?

Last edited by a moderator:
aaronson911 posted on Apr 28 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
Serith posted on Apr 27 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
do you have any idea when in may?
Today.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27856

But maybe you should wait nonetheless, rumor had it that the next batch of GP2Xes will have more internal memory.

Or maybe they finally make some with a good headphone jack. The current one sucks bananas.

... not if soldered properly ;)

... but yes. the next batch will have more memory as far as I know.

racoon posted on May 3 2006 at 12:37 PM said:

do you have any idea when the next batch will be ready??

aaronson911 posted on May 4 2006 at 08:43 AM said:
racoon posted on May 3 2006 at 12:37 PM said:

do you have any idea when the next batch will be ready??

No. It will come when it will come =/

racoon posted on May 3 2006 at 01:37 PM said:

Not more memory, only more NAND, but the nand is piss slow when running games off of it. (Most games skip a bit, with hickups here and there) Your going to use an SD card anyway, so what is some 70mb of space going to do for you. Isn't 30mb enough already?

Back