Tilematch High Scores

FluffyPanda

I have 6 little blue things. W00t.
Website
www.fluffypanda.com
Welcome to the officially unofficial Tilematch high score thread.

I can't tell you my high score since I never make it to the table. I just can't beat any of my wife's top ten scores :-(

Her current record is 1,149,810 points, reaching level 30.

Anyone else want to share their record?

I do not know why, but I think women are better in this kind of game. My wife is an excellent ZOO Keeper (Nintendo DS) player. She makes me feel so clumsy.

btw the same is true for Klax.

The highest level i have gotten to is 8 or so :unsure: maybe i'm doing something wrong, 30 seems insanely high.

I do not know why, but I think women are better in this kind of game. My wife is an excellent ZOO Keeper (Nintendo DS) player. She makes me feel so clumsy.

Yeah, she kicks my ass at tetris too. I'm not exactly a slow thinker, I'm a mensa member with an IQ of 155 (which isn't to say that I'm intelligent, but I can solve puzzles quick enough to get through an IQ test :p ) but you should see how quickly she can spot those tile combos - it's frightening.

I seem to be better at puzzle games where planning comes heavily into play (like tetris or puzzle bobble variants where you can perform cascades and combos) and she's just unbeatable where reaction times are key.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it would be possible to have an official hi-score table on the net. Not just for this game, but for any game on the gp2x. Biggest hurdle I see is the lack of connectivity to the internet. Get around that and I think it would be pretty cool :)

This is a funny topic, at least the wife part. My wife and I will play Dr. Mario for SNES, and she down right owns me. I consider myself damn good at video games, but for some reason she absolutely kicks my ass at Dr. Mario. Odd thing is, I probably take more pills than she does :p

I wonder if it would be possible to have an official hi-score table on the net. Not just for this game, but for any game on the gp2x. Biggest hurdle I see is the lack of connectivity to the internet. Get around that and I think it would be pretty cool :)

Cool idea, although usually I get annoyed by them simply because by the time I turn up at a game, there's already someone with a stupidly unbeatable score...

Perhaps simulate divisions or something? I.e. Submit a high score, and you only get to see where you come in your set of 10 or whatever - thus making it possible to move around. Admittedly, it might be a little disheartening to find yurself in division 273 but hey, at least there's people you can compete with - and if you get substantially better you might move up to division 270!

708720, level 25 on "normal"... and I'm not someone's wife. Not even a woman... :D My girlfriend, who is usually bad at other games (I'm sure she won't read this :)), gets 222080 at level 16 though.

Btw, apart from Tobriand (he says he gets 7000 on "time trial"), does anyone play the other game modes? I'm curious about it...

247000, level 17, normal mode. I thought I was doing pretty good until I read this thread :( Love the game by the way, I think it gets more playtime than anything else on my GP2X.
I do play the other modes sometimes but the time-trial and 100 tiles modes are quite tough and the game doesn't last long enough when you are a sucky player :) Il keep trying though...

This is one of my favorite games for the GP2X. I was playing it once, and my score was around 200,000, which was higher that I'd ever been, and I was just about to get a game over. Then, the batteries died and my score wasn't saved :( . I was sad. It's alright now though because my high score is 385,080 at level 20.

I find 100 tile mode quite fun too, but I can't remember what my score is; not as high as on normal, I think, simply because I keep getting to my bus-stop before I die and having to finish. But you do need to have a certain level of skill (probably gained in normal) before you're actually likely to make any decent progress with 100-tiles...

Does anyone have any strategies for producing more combos, idd? I tend to find that preferring horizontal choices slightly seems to make me more likely to get them, but that could just be me tricking myself lol.

There's something I don't like on 100 tiles mode. Once you've made 100 tiles of an animal, the other tiles keep its counter so it's easier to get to the next level. Say you've got 97 tiles of the yellow animal (don't know animal names in english very much, sorry... :)) and 55 frogs. After getting three yellow ones (so 100 total), time is reset to 120 (was it 120?) so you have this amount of time to match 45 more frogs, which is easier. I did it this way because as far as I remember, the original game works the same way.

Hmm... I thought it was quite cunning tbh - primarily because it's not resetting to 120; it is adding 30 - so only by completeing the entire set of animals to you actually get all your time back.

Perhaps a different way of doing it would be, rather than increasing levels when you make a full 100 (and therefore increasing the rate score increases, so far as I can tell), you have to get 100 for each animal type, but you still get the 30s additional time - so kind of like a checkpoint in a racing game, as opposed to a new level. I agree that getting to level 7 on the strength of effectively the first level is a little ludicrous, but it does take about 100s to rack up enough animals to get the first 100 - unless you prefer one type, and are very very lucky.

If you wanted to complicate things you could replace those animals that had already been completed in a given level with duds - either things you couldn't move or just didn't add to your score, total, or whatever... Perhaps.

Hmm... I thought it was quite cunning tbh - primarily because it's not resetting to 120; it is adding 30 - so only by completeing the entire set of animals to you actually get all your time back.
You're right. You know Tilematch better than I do... :) Btw, what does "cunning" mean?

Still, adding 30 seconds doesn't seem to make it more difficult for me, but I admit I haven't played this mode many times. Maybe I should give it a try before making assumptions about it.

Perhaps a different way of doing it would be, rather than increasing levels when you make a full 100 (and therefore increasing the rate score increases, so far as I can tell), you have to get 100 for each animal type, but you still get the 30s additional time - so kind of like a checkpoint in a racing game, as opposed to a new level. I agree that getting to level 7 on the strength of effectively the first level is a little ludicrous, but it does take about 100s to rack up enough animals to get the first 100 - unless you prefer one type, and are very very lucky.

If you wanted to complicate things you could replace those animals that had already been completed in a given level with duds - either things you couldn't move or just didn't add to your score, total, or whatever... Perhaps.
I like the first idea. I'll think about adding it (not replacing the 100 tiles mode) as it looks like it's going to be easy to code. But first I have to get my HD back. My computer was a quite old and buggy, and stopped working on Monday.

Back