Tomb Raider I & II for PSX / PlayStation

Eric Jardim

Still Fresh
Hi,

For those who already have a Pandora console at hand, or, anyone that can answer this question: are the games Tomb Raider I and II going to work with the current Pandora PSX emulator (pcsx rearmed or psx4pandora)?

I have tested all 5 games, but these first two don't work (actually they freeze after you start a new game). I tested it on my Debian laptop which never had problems emulating PSX games before. I used PCSX and EPSXE 1.6.0 and both fail at the same part. I googled a little and found out that, besides wrong CD ripping, it could be a "subchannel data" thing that disabling would able the game to work. I did not found this option on the emulators and even tweaking a bit they still failed.

I don't know if this is some copy protection thing or bad CD ripping or need emulator tweaking. Can someone enlight me? I got the CD images as MDF/MDS files from... from a friend of mine. He said they were perfect CD images, but may be he is mistaken.

I looked at psx4pandora compatibility list and it report the same problem. PCSX Rearmed report that "r5 corrects it trhu BIOS". As I don't have a Pandora at my hands I can't test it. I really want to hear from you: anyone got this games working? And the others (TR 3, 4 and 5) are ok too?

Thanks in advance,

They should work since r5, but you need a proper rip with audio tracks intact (preferably cue/bin).

Thanks, notaz.

When I receive my "Pandy" I will try it out and report.

I have been playing Tomb Raider 1 on the Pandora tonight, Works great with r5/r6 ripped to bin/cue. :D

Hi, I have tried almost everything to make it work without succeeding.

I'm using the BIN APE files version, is there a way to convert it to cue/bin that seems to work for you?

thank you for the help

I've been using CDRWin to create my disc images on an older PC - it was the program of choice for creating BIN/CUE rips back in the PS heyday. CDRWin's authors Goldenhawk sold out to a company called Engelmann who continue to sell their reworking of it, but the original does the job perfectly!

They should work since r5, but you need a proper rip with audio tracks intact (preferably cue/bin).

Thanks, notaz.

When I receive my "Pandy" I will try it out and report.

I have been playing Tomb Raider 1 on the Pandora tonight, Works great with r5/r6 ripped to bin/cue. :D

Hi, I have tried almost everything to make it work without succeeding.

I'm using the BIN APE files version, is there a way to convert it to cue/bin that seems to work for you?

thank you for the help

Some people say its overkill but i mount the image with damon tools then re rep using Alcohol, I'm no expert on converting images or the difference in formats but this works for me :)

Back