Touch Screen Problems

Lugana

Still Fresh
Hey everyone.

First off, I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place or has been covered already; I did do a bunch of searches before this but couldn't find this specific problem.

So yeah, the problem: My Pandora's just arrived, ridiculously excited about developing for this contraption and playing some emulators, however my touch screen seems to default to the centre-top of the screen when I'm not using the touch screen, and when I am seems to find the location between the stylus and the centre-top. When I use the nubs the mouse just dances around the centre-top, as if it's being reset every tick. The solution I immediately jumped to was "Screen Calibration" however clicking on the first target does nothing at all. I assume there are one or three other targets to calibrate with after, but it never advances so I wouldn't know.

I've had this problem since I first booted it Friday night, which needless to say made the first-boot wizard somewhat difficult because it kept de-focusing from the text boxes whenever I didn't drag to stylus over it. It was suggested to me that it might be stuck in "pen-mode", but this was from someone who knows about graphics tablets and not the Pandora, but it's my best guess so far.

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

If you run the input tester is the cross appearing in the middle of the top of the screen?

If so there is something stuck there, maybe a bit of plastic or something like that, just use something very fine to remove it.

As Craig said, something might be stuck there. However, I've also seen it happen if the case is not completely snapped together. Check the top if all three snaps are in (left, middle, right).

If not, carefully press it down with your fingertip so it snaps in. That should definately fix it.

The input tester is run from the terminal by typing op_test_inputs and quit with L+R. If thats the one Craigix and ED are referring to?

How cool is that for product support though, getting 2 of the Pandoras creators directly try to solve your issue B)

Back