Tower Defence Game

charlieb

This is a simple and addictive flash game. I think it would be a good addition to the gp2x game collection. I know there is no source available so I'm asking the open source faries for a clone not a port. It is quite a simple spritey tower defence game so it shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows how to do sprites well.
http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/

Cheers,
Charlie

That's a very fun game, I remember playing UMS StarCraft maps with similar principles.

I'm be totally up for it, but I can't promise anything sooner than June, so if anyone else releases something in the meantime, go for it! :)

- Alex

With all the calls for 3D games these days (Egoboo has a lot to answer for! :) ) I thought you might have actually meant this one: http://www.master-of-defense.com/index.php

...which is a 3D version of the game you described (and won gametunnel.com's Strategy Game of the Year 2006). I didn't know there were any other versions, so it's cool to find a sweet lil 2D flash version. Thanks!

Hey, you are welcome, it's taken up far to much of my time so I thought I'd spread the procrastination! The guy who wrote it must be getting big google checks by now.

Enjoy!
Charlie

I got some pen & paper brainstorming done this morning, and this will be my next project after I get a demo of Slick out. :) The style will be similar to Noiz2sa's, I think it would work very well for this kind of game.

- Alex

This is a simple and addictive flash game. I think it would be a good addition to the gp2x game collection. I know there is no source available so I'm asking the open source faries for a clone not a port. It is quite a simple spritey tower defence game so it shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows how to do sprites well.
http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/

Cheers,
Charlie

Thanks for that, I've not been able to stop playing this for the last 2 days now!

I'm meant to be working, damnit!

Last edited by a moderator:
The star craft version of this is most likely the best, give it a try when you can.

Many a time have I played the warcraft 3 tower defense maps into the early hours of the morning. I am really looking forward to see what Alex can do with this; with customisable maps this could be the next big thing :p

Howdy all, a few days ago I got an itch to get working on this, and here's what I've done so far:
  • map engine
  • map engine for buildings (twice the resolution of the road map)
  • creature handling, including different types, them moving on the map and coming back to the start position once they hit the finish line
Next I'll do buildings, then buildings that fire bullets at angles respective to the closest creature's location, a GUI, etc. Here are a couple of screenshots, not much for now, but they do give a small taste of the visual taste.

SqDef-pic2.PNG

SqDef-pic1.PNG

SqDef-pic0.PNG

Oh, and could a kind move please move this to the Homebrew board, since this is slowly becoming a real game ;)

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, i hope someone makes a clone of this game, ive just sat playing it for the last couple of hours. EXCELLANT find my friend, excellant :D

Back