Trouble Ocing Squidgesnes

benny32

Still Fresh
I have an MK 2 Gp2x

I have followed the oc guide. Unfortunately when the script loads a black screen with white letters and info and then stops. This screen usually appears, but then proceeds to load the emulator during a normal boot.

Here is my script code...

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 260 0.8
cd /mnt/sd/Super Nintendo/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

I heard that using an older version of LCD tweaker works better. I am using the latest LCD tweaker utility(cpu_speed.gpe file)

Thanks

Note: I used Programmers Notepad, deleted the file extension of the cpu_speed file, still not working.

benny32 posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:37 PM said:
cd /mnt/sd/Super Nintendo/
That looks like your problem. A space is a seperator between command parameters, so either never put spaces in file/folder names or put a \ before the space ('cd /mnt/sd/Super\ Nintendo/'). A \ before a space tells the command that the space is part of the name.

Using mixed case is also a habit you should get out of. Windows might not care, but to linux SuperNintendo is a completely different name to supernintendo and so it's easy to cause yourself problems if you used mixed case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick replies. I will just rename the folder SuperNintendo.

I have an interest in GMenuX, but for right now I like the predictability of the default gui.

Back