Trying To Bring A Gp2X Back From The Brickyard

Sejez

Still Fresh
Well I have had this problem for a while already, I have a half dead GP2X F200 ( B ) that haven't been able to load the content from SD cards for a while now. When I got it, it worked just fine for several months, but one day it just refused to read SD cards anymore. After that it just sat on the shelf for a long time. I have tried to repair it on some occasions without any success. Even posted a old post explaining my problem, and even tough someone suggested me to try to access the GP2X trough USB using telnet,tough I'm grateful for the fact that people on the forum tried to help me I found it to be an impossible task since the menu did not have any networking options at all (with the guides on the subject referring i.p. adresses and options that simply didn't exist in any menu on the system).

Until a few days ago then the unit has been gathering dust, I found a cheap compatible power supply, and got the brigt idea to try to flash the nand with a SD card trough the boot loader(since I have no use for a device that only plays a few built in games), and it turns out the SD drive is not completely dead, as it always manages to atleast partially load something into the system, but I cannot get any of the firmwares or tools to work, on the official full firmware flash it gives me a patch error message, the nand blanker just gives a black screen (after some kind of menu briefly flashes one the screen), and Open2X DR7 for F200 firmware flash stops dead with a half full progress bar and the text "mount root fs", I'm truly at my wit's end with this thing, is there any way to salvage the device at all?

Other than that I'm looking for a cheap open source handheld that isn't made in a way that something breaks or that the system gets corrupted if you look at it funny, It dosen't need to be a powerhorse in the specs department. If I could get something thats cheap and somewhat durable I would be happy with that.

Tried to run the flashme image on the Open2x DR7 firmware patch, but I run into the same patch failed message as with the official GP2X firmware installation.

Back