Trying to build 13b1:002f Linksys AE1000 driver (usb)

badcloud

Hello fellow blistered thumbers :)

Can't seem to get this dongle to work using link's instructions:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1621022

Step 10 ("make && sudo make install") gives me "make: *** /lib/modules/3.2.58/build: No such file or directory.  Stop."

I'd like to start over, in case I made a mistake, so I tried "make clean;make;sudo make uninstall;sudo depmod -a;sudo update-initramfs -u", getting the same error (obviously on "make")

I've just recently flashed and upgraded to latest SZ so I'm not so keen on doing that all over again just now. I suspect I'm missing the ubuntu equivalent of "build-essential" and "linux-headers packages (and maybe a symlink here or there) before I remove and try to rebuild the driver.

Suggestions?

You'll need something like Code::Blocks before you can build anything on the Pandora. Helpfully, Code::Blocks also includes a lot of libs and tools, so it solves a lot of dependency problems at the same time. Install that and try again.

Unfortunately you can't compile modules on pandora the same way as on "normal" Linux PC mostly because of lack of space on NAND. You could do it with Code::Blocks, but you'll most likely get incompatible modules because of different compiler version, so you'd have to roll all your own kernel+modules.

However 13b1:002f should already be supported on latest SZ by rt2800usb module, have you enabled USB host?

Can you post dmesg output you get after enabling USB host?

Unfortunately you can't compile modules on pandora the same way as on "normal" Linux PC mostly because of lack of space on NAND. You could do it with Code::Blocks, but you'll most likely get incompatible modules because of different compiler version, so you'd have to roll all your own kernel+modules.

However 13b1:002f should already be supported on latest SZ by rt2800usb module, have you enabled USB host?

Can you post dmesg output you get after enabling USB host?
Somewhere along the way I get this (after it works for a few minutes) in dmesg:

[ 2787.901489] phy1 -> rt2x00usb_vendor_request: Error - Vendor Request 0x07 failed for offset 0x7010 with error -71.

Edit: ^^ at which point wifi link has become disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back