Tv Out B+w

nowaycomputer

Still Fresh
I was using my gp2x no problem with an S-video cable into my tv. However I bought a scart adapter (s-video and phonos go into scart adaptor) to plug it into a different TV, but the signal is only black and white?

Anyone ever experienced anything like this? I've tried another tv with the adaptor, but the same black and white signal appeared.

So, the TV Out Cable is fine, the S-video is fine, I'm thinking that its mabye the scart adaptor but its brand new. Before I take it back I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem?

hi, i had a pc with a s-video output and when i used a scart adapter it came out b&w on all my tv's.

yes, search.
The problem is that your tv doesn't support s-video, you can simple fix that by building a little adapter inside the scart adapter.
Just open the scart adapter and connect the opposite pins on the s-video plug together so it looks like = instead of : :.
You can solder them together or use some other way like silver paint or maybe even a pencil.
You could also get a cheap svideo to composite adapter.

Vimacs posted on Dec 7 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
yes, search.
The problem is that your tv doesn't support s-video, you can simple fix that by building a little adapter inside the scart adapter.
Just open the scart adapter and connect the opposite pins on the s-video plug together so it looks like = instead of : :.
You can solder them together or use some other way like silver paint or maybe even a pencil.
You could also get a cheap svideo to composite adapter.

Excellent, thanks - thats the problem. My scart adaptor is pretty much sealed so I've just ordered a svideo -> scart adaptor for ebay.

Can't wait to play in colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back