tv out cable question.....

Kelsey's grammar

Still Fresh
Okay.  Hey guys.  I bought a tv out cable before I got my pandora.  It had to be a couple years ago.  I didn't get a lot of use out of it until recently.  I have an old netbook that I would use.  I started using the pandora tv out when my netbook started tripping out.  There were a couple times that the tv out cable came apart.  This should have moved me to action.  It didn't....well, not anymore than pushing the pins into the head of the cable.  Big mistake.  It slipped out one day and the pins slipped out too!  Long story short.....my cable is done.  Question.  Is there an easy repair to this?  I looked up the build a tv out cable instructions and I got a headache.  Also, it said that if you didn't know what you were doing, you could blow out the cable or your pandora.  Should I try repairs or order a new cable?

Cheers

Can you provide a picture of your broken cable? It may be repairable, but it will always be a bodge at best, so a new cable might be a better idea even just as a backup.

FWIW, this is something of a known issue with the TV-out cable. Personally I've a bent paperclip arrangement that holds the cable up using the lid for when I'm using the Pandora controls and TV out at the same time. So far - touch wood - that's kept my cable intact, though I've not used it all that much to be honest.

Thanks for the reply.  I figured as much.  I don't have a picture, but it's pretty bad.  At first, the pin for picture fell out.  The head came off again.  Then I bent some of the other pins.  I'll just order another one and keep the busted one just in case I feel lucky one day.  Thanks again.

Cheers

Back