Tv-out Cable

Kyosys said:
it never was.
No, I'm pretty sure Craig had said that the TV out cable would come with the Pandora. Not that I'm angry at Craig for not making it part of the set. He's got the power cord included, and that makes me happy enough.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I also remember craig saying that it would be included, but i am not going to put up a fuss if it is not. As long as the power cable is there i am happy.

Edit: Sorry slow forum. That last post was not up when i posted.

I missed the original post, just read the one stating it won't be included. So yeah, I got no problem with it

Neither do I have problems with it. He said he wouldn't include it, and it's obvious (to those unlike me who look objectively at the website without wishes for inclusion) it isn't. The general frenzy/panic in the air added to the confusion, though, and made my stomach turn.

I'll be glad when this day is over. :p

Is there other off the shelf cables that can be used with the Pandora?

Is the cable connection proprietary?

yeah i am hoping they will let me add tv-out cable to pandora order too :)

but reckon would need to order separately - but will do it later since i could not stand receiving the tvout cable way before the pandora itself! :)

javaJake said:
OK, now I see... just ran an advanced search, and found his post in which he changed his mind two days ago. And of course, I missed it.

So, alright, I'll just have to see if they can tack that onto my order. :p

Ah, I never saw that post because I never read far enough into that topic. And Chip never put this big update in the official list of dev team updates. (which I've come to rely on for a lot of information)

-God Ginrai

I got an email back from OpenPandoraSales, from a lady called Jacquelyn (Craig's wife?).

I had to quote my order number and give permission to add it to the order. Still waiting for a response on it though.

Can anyone confirm that it has a custom connector? If it is, then I'm gonna have to add to my order if possible. o_O

gmhuntr7 said:
Kyosys said:
it never was.
Can anyone confirm that? If it is, then I'm gonna have to add to my order if possible. o_O

It was originally stated to have a TV out cable included, now about 2 days in a post by Craig in a middle of a thread nothing to do with the fact (surprise!) he said it would cost too much too include it and it will now be an optional extra.

It looks like the Pandora cost too much and now we don't get the accessories.

I don't mind too much, but I would really like to have a source for the connectors for a reasonable price ($2-5, under $10 total with shipping).

I can't justify spending $20 for plastic wrapped copper. $10, well, perhaps.

I have to wait for a source in the USA for a chance to get one to my door cheaper.

I preordered my Pandora early this morning. It sucks that not even a generic el ghetto RCA A/V connector won't be included. =\ I guess this proprietary connector really beefs up the cost?

think about it this way, those 20$ will also support the pandora team. Yeah, it's a little pricy but I imagine producing like 1000 - 2000 custom cables is pricy as well

Back