TV Out Cables ETA? and can we make our own ?

Enlightx

Still Fresh
iya guys

got my pandora this week and loving it

has there been any talk on ETA of TV out cables ?

or does any one know a device which uses the same plug so i can hack and make my own.

have just been looking at the board hoping there was a tv out pad so i could of gone direct to the board but no :( nothing in hacker guide either and dont wanna be going direct to pins on back of connector.

As long as this 1100 units all work great and everything seems good we will have the cables made/shipped within Spring.

What about the breakout boards so you can access the serial? Will you sell any of those?

What about the breakout boards so you can access the serial? Will you sell any of those?
I guess the original breakout boards were "one-off" stuff, but for just serial:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50002-pandora-serial-port-cable/page__view__findpost__p__763887'

=> Meaning: it has been planned for, but not produced. People have been asking for boying the connector - no real reply AFAIK (they have 10k+ of them for the AV/TV cables). I'm guessing that they want the TV-Out cables out first (thinking that availability of the connector would lessen the demand for TV-Out cables)...

Last edited by a moderator:
iya guys

got my pandora this week and loving it

has there been any talk on ETA of TV out cables ?

or does any one know a device which uses the same plug so i can hack and make my own.

have just been looking at the board hoping there was a tv out pad so i could of gone direct to the board but no :( nothing in hacker guide either and dont wanna be going direct to pins on back of connector.

congrats on the getting pand!

what number were you in queue?

cheers

I was going to order ~250 connectors from one supplier/manufacture but I haven't had internet access for 5 months due to uncontrollable circumstances. Time from order would be 5ish months to completion.

That was for the benefit of those wanting to build their own tv cables (and even perhaps build some sort of I/O interface).

I work with audio so some kind of audio (perhaps midi, or some sort of mini soundboard) Interface could be built to use that port.
Actually a plain connector would be great for what I would want to do. (breadboarding and arduino stuff) Can I buy a single one from them or you?

ok lets not go ahead and find competitors for the tv out cables, the reason OPT doesnt want to buy them as of now, is because the minimum they can buy is 10k and they can only sell so many, not even 8000 pandoras have been sold yet, and not everyone has even ordered a tv out cable

Really, 10K minimum? Was there ever a consideration to making them part of the Pandora purchase? In hindsight there would be Approx 6000 sold now. Still not 10k though

two months then two more months

sad

I wait Two-Months™ in the morning, I wait Two-Months™ at night

I wait Two-Months™ in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright

I wait Two-Months™ in time of peace, and two in time of war

I wait Two-Months™ before I wait Two-Months™, and then I wait two more

Back