TV-Out Cables Update Please!

spaceharrier

Still Fresh
Hi Pandora-addicts! :D

I pre-ordered a TV Out cable via evildragon's website moons ago; and I'm sure there are others that have too...

Does anyone have an update in relation to when we all can expect to receive them/manufacture date...?

Any update would be appreciated!

There will be a tv out cable, about the same time, a new space harrier game is made...

I jest.

One company is actively working on them.

Can't tell anything about dates yet, don't have one myself.

Do they make TV-OUT cables that are not from Dragonbox that work for the Pandora? That would be splendid, so some did not have to wait. :^)

There have been no commercial TV-OUT cables period.. I'm sure when these are made the other Pandora shops will carry them.

Do they make TV-OUT cables that are not from Dragonbox that work for the Pandora? That would be splendid, so some did not have to wait. :^)

There have been no commercial TV-OUT cables period.. I'm sure when these are made the other Pandora shops will carry them.

Then why in the world did the creators of the OpenPandora decide to use a TV-OUT option, that has no cables made for it? Dx

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why in the world did the creators of the OpenPandora decide to use a TV-OUT option, that has no cables made for it? Dx
I've made my own cables by hand so they do exist, but it's been difficult for OPT to find a manufacturer to make cables that didn't require a minimum order of something like 100,000 cables or some other absurd number.

And yes like Slaeshjag said the EXT connector carries more than just TV out (GPIOs.. etc)

^ don't forget audio-in and out!

I think it's awesome we have this versatile connector on the pandora. Too bad its implementation (with cable) hasn't been really well thought through.

Also too bad it doesn't have I2C or SPI.

I've made my own cables by hand so they do exist, but it's been difficult for OPT to find a manufacturer to make cables that didn't require a minimum order of something like 100,000 cables or some other absurd number.And yes like Slaeshjag said the EXT connector carries more than just TV out (GPIOs.. etc)
What is GPIOs?

You can always ask in the Trading section to see if anyone is selling home-made ones... That's what I did and ended up getting a great cable for a very reasonable price (basically cost of materials/shipping + whatever donation I wanted to offer)

I still don't quite understand what it is? Is it basically like input/output for display AND data?

It's not generally used for Display as setting these up for display if possible it would be very slow, These IOs can be converted into a Serial port(RS232).. but generally can be used to turn on things like a LEDs or devices on the board.. for instance a GPIO is used to control the Power, WIFI, Bluetooth LEDs also one is used to switch on and off the amplifier in the Pandora.. The ones wired to the EXT connector are extras that hobbiests can use to say control project like robots and such..

When yet another space harrier game is released... :) .

Ed was working with global components to make tv-out cables, last i heard.

I can say I'll happily get some TV cables when they come out.

A thought: Many of us WANT the cables. If an extra five bucks was tacked onto the cables for everyone, it might clear a few pre-orders. And the pre-orders would then also come WITH cables for free...as a small reward for patience.

I know I am tight with money, but I would gladly pay five extra bucks for my cables and help a fellow get their Pandy.

I can say I'll happily get some TV cables when they come out.

A thought: Many of us WANT the cables. If an extra five bucks was tacked onto the cables for everyone, it might clear a few pre-orders. And the pre-orders would then also come WITH cables for free...as a small reward for patience.

I know I am tight with money, but I would gladly pay five extra bucks for my cables and help a fellow get their Pandy.
That is one of the smartest ideas ever. :)

Back