TV Out videos (pc capture) - PcSX, Picodrive, GBA, Dosbox, Firefox etc

alerino

Fellow pandorians, i have to say once again, Peca's TV Out simply renewed the Pandora passion. Kudos to WizardStan for the EXT connectors and Notaz for the overlay script.

Straight to a PC capture card. If you like the idea, feel free to request.

on the first video: SNES9x4p, Stella, Dosbox, Gimp, Supertux, Firefox

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A5as1a2FUI4?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video Alerino. I Am waiting patiently for pecas tv out cable myself.edit. Thats prince of persia 2 on dos?

Man the pc had such crappy sound way back then.The commodore 64 sounded better even. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This a great video..thanks Alerino :)

I have already ordered a cable from Peca...and hope to receive soon.

Hope to see more video...

Quick question to all TV out cable users if I may : Is there any noticeable power draw from using the EXT port for TV Out i.e is there any hit on battery life for the dual display at all?

Just something that struck me as not having been mentioned before. I doubt there is personally and with such an awesome battery life anyway, its probably peanuts if there is any.

Awesome video. Long, long ago when I believed the Pandora would arrive in good time and TV-out cables would ship I was planning to do the very same thing.

Looks like Peca has revived the dream of TV-out, anyway. I'll definitely be picking up one of his cables when I've got my hands on a Pandy.

I use a little mains-powered, computerless Pinnacle video transfer device. Comes straight from the input, onto a USB stick and is all lovely and encoded. The downside being that you can't watch what you're capping unless: a) it's mirrored, or B) you use a video splitter and additionally hook it up to your TV.

None that i can notice, tbh it can improve battery life as you can close the lid or decrease brightness and still have fun
No way to disable the Pandora screen during TV out sessions? Closing the lid works for movies but if you want to play with the Pandora on the TV it will get complicated without extra Controller. ^^"

Hello

All looks very good indeed.

Thanks for the videos, when my cable arrives I will be like a kid let loose in a sweet shop :)

I'm surprised it can capture at 800×480. The settings I plan to use capture in 720×480 and then stretches it out to 800, as my TV-card defaults to 720 you try to capture at any higher resolution.

Back