Tv Out

I already know there is a TV out feature. Is it it necessary to use s-video which is advertised on the Open Pandora would it be possible to use standard rca connector because the s-video port is on my tv is on the back of my TV and difficult to reach difficult to reach. Would it be possible to use something like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1D0BW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00008ZGSD&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0P90SDX1VY0ERTXWBNKM. Also does the cable use proprietary connector.

and again i say, you need to check info already available.

this time no google link

http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#TV-out (just a bonus because im on good mood.)

now some admin please lock this thread.

DroneB Dev said:
and again i say, you need to check info already available.

this time no google link

http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#TV-out (just a bonus because im on good mood.)
Well thank you for linking me to Pandora wiki but I already stated that I don't want to use s-video. RCA is a better choice because it is easier to access on my TV but thanks anyways. Also I already knew it could connect to s-video just wanted to know about RCA.

Last edited by a moderator:
linuxftw said:
Well thank you for linking me to Pandora wiki but I already stated that I don't want to use s-video. RCA is a better choice because it is easier to access on my TV but thanks anyways. Also I already knew it could connect to s-video just wanted to know about RCA.
Did you actually read the link you were given? It says in incredibly clear terms that the TV-out cable also allows for composite. Composite = RCA.

Alerino said:
avw139.gif
So it doesn't use 3.5mm connection just straight s-video connection. Well that adapter could certainly work.

Prometheus said:
linuxftw said:
Did you actually read the link you were given? It says in incredibly clear terms that the TV-out cable also allows for composite. Composite = RCA.
The link just mentioned it connect to s-video and how it handles the output of video.

No it doesn't. It says, and has said for quite some time, that composite is supported. I suspect you didn't look at the link.

Prometheus said:
No it doesn't. It says, and has said for quite some time, that composite is supported. I suspect you didn't look at the link.
I did look at the link it briefly describes the feature. I describes how video is outputted and what connector it uses.

linuxftw said:
Prometheus said:
I did look at the link it briefly describes the feature. I describes how video is outputted and what connector it uses.
...Are you just trolling us linux? The link says that it supports compostite output, which means yes you can use that adaptor. Please, read read read before you type. I think the reason the community can come off as hostile is because certain people refuse to find answers on their own, and repeatedly ask questions that could be answered with a simple search of the forums or wiki.

I realize that the majority of the information about the pandora is scattered through forum posts, but many of your questions could have been answered just by looking at the wiki. There's a limit to how much people are willing to help you, especially with the attitude that you have. When people try to help you, please don't be a dick to them. The correct response to these fine people helping you out should have been, "Thanks guys, I'll check the wiki next time."

Everyone please just ignore linuxftw until he/she learns to look this stuff up. Every post is the same.

Just to spread the information (I couldn't find it on the english wikipedia).
My GP2c would give a black and white picture when I use a "normal" S-Video to RCA adapter.
That is because I have an old TV (15+ years).

I was able to build this adapter below with parts for 3 Euro:

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:S-video-composite-adapter.svg&filetimestamp=20051006154953

When I say "I was able" then most people on a tech forum are able to do it :)

The Pandora might not need this, however.

OMG

no more free pass card for you

it perfectly and clearly says it has composite video.

you just didnt open the link.

i dont know, from what im aware, he doesnt even have a pre-order.

so, this falls on the gray line of just trolling

DuFace said:
The link says that it supports compostite output, which means yes you can use that adaptor.

That pictured adaptor is to convert S-Video output to composite, you don't need composite output with that.

The Pandora AV Cable does have composite output (an RCA jack, the norm for composite) as well as S-Video, although it was said some time back that only S-Video was currently working, maybe that's been dealt with since, though that's moot right now until the cables are available.

[quote post='862779'] The link says that it supports compostite output, which means yes, YOU DONT NEED THE ADAPTOR.
[/quote]

HERE' Fixed it 4 ya!.

Asmo said:
although it was said some time back that only S-Video was currently working, maybe that's been dealt with since, though that's moot right now until the cables are available.

now thats moar NFO, but still doubt linuxftw knew about this

some people around really need at least a bit of text comprehension and apprehension skills before posting!!.

Creature XL said:
My GP2c would give a black and white picture when I use a "normal" S-Video to RCA adapter.

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:S-video-composite-adapter.svg&filetimestamp=20051006154953

The Pandora has both an S-Video and a Composite cable for video. There is no need for an adaptor. (Unless you are trying to get something other than S-Video or Composite)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Creature XL said:

The Pandora has both an S-Video and a Composite cable for video. There is no need for an adaptor. (Unless you are trying to get something other than S-Video or Composite)

-God Ginrai
Thank you I thought I needed an adapter, I thought it just had composite for audio.

Back