Two Loveable Characters

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Dzz posted on Aug 24 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
DBH posted on Aug 24 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
I've updated the original post with some new renders of the device. Enjoy.
Nice work!

Now do GPengu :)

...and so I did, so while I am padding out my portfolio with some more work I modelled these two little munchkins from the 2D artwork that PEA created. Most of you will obviously recognise him from people's avatars.

You can find the duo on the first page of the 3D section on my site.

http://nicholas.piresonline.com

If I get time I might do variations of them (sunglasses etc), but for now enjoy them in vanilla flavour.

EDIT: I have now updated the section with a 3D object VR of the penguins ! and for those who couldn't view my website one still is included below:

gpengu_promo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
when i click the thumbnails the tennis ball image just flickers and comes back, using firefox..

by the way that mech looks nice, if im ever making a mech game your hired

I can't navigate your page on Linux :(

I'm sure it's very nice Flash, but my cursor disappears when I mouseover it. Maybe a direct link to the image would work?

DemonStar55 posted on Sep 5 2006 at 06:09 AM said:
damn flash, please make your website more accessible to non-windows users, or at least make it use flash 7 instead of 8...

Sorry I'll look into seeing if theres a hard coding way to use the Flash 8+ options I used in version 7. If your still seeing a tennis ball on the thumbs, clear your cache please as I replaced those images with the Pengu stuff.

g4m3r posted on Sep 5 2006 at 04:32 AM said:
Would it be possible to make a 360 degree model of a GP2X?

I could possibly do that, but my current model is too hi-poly to be used for that. I need to make a decent low poly mesh if we wanted to spin the device around in real time.

You could cheat... Just allow rotating on one axis then take hi-res stills of you model ever degree :)
Load them all up and cycle though them, could even allow the user to conrol the spin rate...

Or I could teach you to suck eggs, which ever ;)

I was thinking about adding the characters to a new game I am working on after DOND, the idea of the game would suit the characters spot on. Who was the original designer of GPengu as I would like their permission and possibly if they could draw the sprites for the game.

Im not too sure who the original guy is but from what I gather from the archives it is "PEA".

Anyhow I am rendering a 360 degree spin of the two together. I should have this on my site later tonight. Long render times...

Back