Two preorders approaching!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well... with each newspost I did lately, some of you guys cried for preorders.
As said, I didn't want to make preorders before the working prototype is ready - but I decided to do a round of pre-preorders - for everyone who wants to do that!

The link for both preorders will be posted as a new newspost here tomorrow then it starts!

1. What's the Pre-Preorder and how risky is it?

The Pre-Preorder is for the brave ones of you. The ones who have too much money and want to throw it at me.
I do this, because so many people here asked whether they can preorder already. If you're not one of them, don't pre-preorder :)

If you're lucky, you will get a Pyra with it in the end. ;)

Well, hopefully, it'll not be that bad, but I'd say it's about as risky as the Pandora preorder was. So if money is tight with you and you seriously need it, don't go for it, but wtait for the normal preorder which will take place once the Pyra prototype is up and working.
If you're feeling risky today and would be sad if the money is lost, but could live with it, you're welcome :)

Of course, you can be sure I'll try anything to make the Pyra happen, but you never know how many volcanoes are out there... ;)

So, what do you get with that pre-preorder and when does it start?

• You will get a specially produced Dummy-PCB of Pyras Mainboard, but with a special "Preorder"-imprint as well as signatures from Nikolaus and me. It's also limited to 200 pieces and numbered. The first one to place the order will get Nr. 1, etc.
  • The first ever produced Pyras from the production run will be reserved to the ones who pre-preorder. In case of shipping, that probably doesn't make much difference (as we probably get 100 per week), but the serial number tells that!
  • The pre-preorder will start October 17th, 3:17pm UTC (17:17 in Germany) and end exactly one week later (or until 200 units are gone)
  • The costs for the preorder will be 290 EUR. The remaining payment doesn't need to be done until all units are fully produced and ready to be shipped. In case you're one of the iCP2 Backers: You can pre-preorder this as well. You're iCP2 voucher can be substracted from the remaining payment.
Any questions? Feel free to ask them here!

2. The Prototype-Preorder

The second preorder that will start at the same time tomorrow is the preordering for the Prototypes that will hopefully be finished in November.

This is limited to 8 right now (though it might go up to 10 in case all prototypes work fine).

What you will get:
  • 1 fully assembled Pyra, including injected plastic mold case, keymat and all PCBs, all from the prototype run (so it could be you'll get a case color that will never exist again later).
  • If possible, we'll let you choose a color for the case!
  • A document confirming the authenticity of the unit
Price will be 1400 EUR (as mentioned - prototypes are expensive to produce).

I don't expect to sell all prototypes or all pre-preorders - but who knows :)
But don't worry - even if we won't sell a single one of those, our plan having prototypes in November and starting the real preordering shortly after won't be affected :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The costs for the preorder will be 290 EUR. The remaining payment doesn't need to be done until all units are fully produced and ready to be shipped
The preorder amount goes toward the total cost of the Pyra is what I am reading? So if the Pyra costs, say, 600 EUR, then the cost after preorder is 310 EUR when the units are ready?

The costs for the preorder will be 290 EUR. The remaining payment doesn't need to be done until all units are fully produced and ready to be shipped
The preorder amount goes toward the total cost of the Pyra is what I am reading? So if the Pyra costs, say, 600 EUR, then the cost after preorder is 310 EUR when the units are ready?

Yes, exactly!

Have you worked out the iCP2 vouchers with Link yet?  Or if not, is it safe to assume that you'll work something out before it comes time to pay the remainder?

Well, i was one of the later preorderers of the Pandora, it was ment to be second batch,

So maybe this thime, i wants to preeorder now..

Also then im done whit this and dosnt need to care for the right preeorder Time..

Whe know thanks to Juliano, that the CPU works, and the Pandora was also a succes..

So i think i will preeorder tomorow..

• The pre-preorder will start October 17th, 5:17pm UTC (17:17 in Germany)

5:17pm UTC == 17:17 UTC =/= 17:17 in Germany (UTC+2 during daylight savings)
So, which is it?

f5 f5 f5

What's the story on us who still have a pandora preorder?  Still pay the $290 now and pay less when it's ready to ship?

Sounds like a plan. Just make sure there are enough early Pyras available for Devs. Not everyone who might preorder will be a developer.

I probably can't pre-order it but I am looking forward to see Pyra videos. A lot of them!

So, I hope developers like @ptitseb will get these really quick!

How will this work whit the payment??

I put my preeorder, but to pay the 290€ i needs to go to my bank to make an transfer, but the employes on the bank only works at week..

So my preeorder would be unpayed until next week...

290 Euro, not bad I can sacrifice one night of drinking for a Pyra pre-order.

Have you worked out the iCP2 vouchers with Link yet?  Or if not, is it safe to assume that you'll work something out before it comes time to pay the remainder?

Not yet fixed, but I've got ideas how this will work. No worries, it will work :)

How does preordering work with US customers?

For now, preorder here. If the order goes through Link in the end, he'll get the credit transferred from me and you do the remaining payment with him.

• The pre-preorder will start October 17th, 5:17pm UTC (17:17 in Germany)

5:17pm UTC == 17:17 UTC =/= 17:17 in Germany (UTC+2 during daylight savings)

So, which is it?

f5 f5 f5
Ah, sorry, 3:17pm UTC :)

Sounds like a plan. Just make sure there are enough early Pyras available for Devs. Not everyone who might preorder will be a developer.

We'll produce 18, so if all work, 10 are planned for developers :)

How will this work whit the payment??

I put my preeorder, but to pay the 290€ i needs to go to my bank to make an transfer, but the employes on the bank only works at week..

So my preeorder would be unpayed until next week...

As soon as you place the order, it is reserved. You can do the payment whenever you want in this case.
If you're living in Germany, you can also use Klarna Rate payment or invoice payment.

290 Euro, not bad I can sacrifice one night of drinking for a Pyra pre-order.

How much do you drink? :eek: :eek:

Im i the same timezone as ingolstadt (EDs Plaze) so still 17:17 Hour?? Our 15:17??

Mybe i have to put some of my "Honey - Money"at my bankacount but this should go fast at thursday...

Honey - Money sound awesome though.. :)

Reactions: rSl
So those paying in USD, its $290? Or we have to pay in Euros? 

What was the deal with converstion and EU taxes?

So those paying in USD, its $290? Or we have to pay in Euros? 

What was the deal with converstion and EU taxes?

It will be ~$329 USD, typically we don't need to pay any VAT taxes.

Back