Release UAE4All 2.0

john4p

Thanks a lot to AnotherGuest for providing me with his Symbian sources! They include a lot of work from an anonymous engineer who - with support by Toni Wilen - added AGA-, 68020- and HD-support (WHDLoad works, too).

Here's now a first beta alpha (just saw the screen flickers when starting emulation) version for testing:

removed old version => see for newest beta pnd

Can't fix the flickering right now. edit: Fixed in latest beta.

Note that only FAME/C is the new version. Cyclone and UAE cores are still the old UAE4All.

There won't be a Cyclone UAE4All 2.0 since it's not supported.

But I think I'll release a UAE core version, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooof!! Gotta get downloading this!!

How is this started JOhn ? do we just drop the new pnd in and go? does it use the same appdata stuff as uae4all? meaning I can have both kick13.rom and kick31.rom in the kickstarts dir? because it`s moaning that I haven`t installed oine when I run it!

Nevermind... got it sorted.. mismatch of old uae4all ( in sd socket2 ) and new one :)

I`m guessing this version still doesnt support .gz format? of zip for that matter??

Yes, it should (but not tested yet). If it doesn't work you can try with a kick20.rom.

Or try renaming kick31.rom to kick13.rom and select 1.3 in the GUI and see if that works...

Thanks for you work John,

I'm having trouble getting it work though. It doesn't appear to recognise the kickstarts for 3.1 to run AGA 1200 emulaton. I have named this kick13.rom but when I select it appears to load kick13.rom. The emulations starts but then the games don't boot or only boot to the traners. Heimdall 2 AGA confirms this as it gives a message to say it has detected an A500 rather an A1200. Any suggestions why this is happening? I know the 3.1 kickstart I have works as I have used it on other emus.

I tried using renaming kick31.rom to kick 13rom but that just produces a black screen. Does kick20,rom work for AGA, I though that was A600?

I also find that the overclock settings in UAE4ALL are broken, if you try to up the clock speed, even to say 700 it crashes the emu and you need hard reset the Pandora.

edit: Forgot to say in case it helps.....A500 games are working fine, I booted Cannon Fodder no problem

Yeah, I've tried both pinball illusions and exile, both with the same results. Black screen and hard lock up.. Have to pandora key and switch to get back..

I've worked it out

name kick31.rom as normal in the kickstart folder. Then set the chip mem to 2mb, slow mem to off and the fast mem to 2mb and then when you select the 3.1 kickstart it wil boot to the 3.1 boot screen

OOooohhh... WHDLoad... I got all my games on my Amiga Hardisk with a licensed copy of WHDLoad... AWEEESOME :D

Yeah, i'm not getting lock up's but it 3.1 still won't load 1200 AGA games. I have tried to run Banshee, and Heimdall 2. It is stil saying no A1200 detected in Heimdall 2

I have everything on the stock selections other than I am using kick31.rom 2mb chip ram and 2mb fast ram to get kickstart 3.1 to run. I am only clocking to 600mb as overclocking in UAE4ALL appears to be broken with this alpha and causes my system to lock.

I have kick13.rom and kick31.rom in kickstarts now. It complains there's no kick.rom. I thought you cold have more than one

Hang on, you said you have kick13.rom to get kick31.rom to work??

No that doesn't work. The above files are named correcly so they should work fine. Have you used those kickstarts before?

I have to put kick.rom ( renamed kick31.rom ) in the appdata/uae4all folder ( not in kickstarts ) for it to go into the menu.

I have had mine in the kickstarts folder and it worked fine. Try making a new kickstarts folder, see if that works

Ok I got it working ( with a renamed kick31.rom ) in the uae4all folder as kick.rom. Pinball illusions aga gets past the loading screen then it gurus. Maybe the game just isn't compatible..

Exile aga kinda loads, the title screen is a green mess, the music is ok. When the game is loaded the screen is even more garbled, sound is mega stuttery..

Back