Uae4all no disk activity

Sugar_Kane

Could crush a grape
Hello all,

As I mentioned in my pandora review; I'm having issues with UAE. When I first used it I was able to play a few games easily, but then one didn't boot, and then it started to be patchy, the working adfs wouldn't work occasionally and now not at all. So right now not a single game works. I've tried getting different kick roms, reapplying the hotfix and codecs, deleting the appdata and rerunning the pnd, renaming the eons with tosec, nothing works. When I show the drive info it displays DF0 flicks to 01 and then it just sits at the kickstart screen. Sometimes when I try and reboot the game it quits out of UAE altogether.

I am utterly stumped...

Not yet... Why didn't that occur to me? I'll try it later, thanks

Ok, tried a different card with fresh files on and it still goes straight to the kickstart screen. Heavens to mergatroid.

Interesting, I tried reapplying the hotfix and the codecs, and the running the pnd from a new card but still nothing. I must have tried everything in various combinations, but it just won't boot any games. I can't even begin to fathom this one.

I am a massive tit.

Right, after spending days on this I've managed to solve it, and the answer makes me look like a bag of used testes. I've been all round and round the digital mulberry bush and I just couldn't work out why some games worked and now don't. Did the firmware reflash, still no joy but this made me go back to the start and rethink everything because there had to be a logical explaination, well there bloody was... When I initially tried it on the first day, I used a handful of ADFs to test it out, then in my excitement to cram my entire Amiga collection onto my SD card I forgot that they were all zips! This was doubly confusing as uae still displays them and lets you mount them.

So, thanks for your help fellas, it's a shame that there isn't a hotfix for stupidity.

The bastard is working like a charm now, so I'm off to Amiga world EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Back