Ubuntu 17.10 - A lot of changes it seems

Hmm, doesn't sound that dramatic a change to me. 4.13 kernel should mean even better hardware support, but I've been running that for almost a month now on my Arch linux boxen, and it just seems to work for me. Gnome desktop's going to be a shock to some people, but it's a sensible choice in terms of running a supported DE (I'm running openbox on this netbook, and i3 on my build server).

I use Ubuntu studio when not required to use Windows so most of the UI features are irrelevant to me.

Better support for hardware, however, is really needed because I still can't fully use my hardware as a Windows-free desktop.

meh, money has to come from somewhere. My firefox readjust itself to bing or Yahoo every odd update. Doesnt bother me. A little cash for the project without much effort from my part.
But if it really bothers you, rightclick on this website and see all the google analytics glory of real spyware... ( pst: don't use this website, it has spyware!)

I don't think it's spying, you have to actually click on it for it to do anything. It's just a wrapper for the Amazon webpage.

They in the very least see the bulk of the traffic, or what ads they are serving.

Yeah, that has been a real Ubuntu killer, despite it being easily disabled.

Cant compete against the likes of elementaryOS that way.

meh, money has to come from somewhere. My firefox readjust itself to bing or Yahoo every odd update. Doesnt bother me. A little cash for the project without much effort from my part.
But if it really bothers you, rightclick on this website and see all the google analytics glory of real spyware... ( pst: don't use this website, it has spyware!)

Use a reputable repo and that doesnt happen.
No it doesn't. And it is a false comparison.

Back