Uknova

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
Did UKNova clear their members database or something? I can't login and when I try to send for a new password it says my email is not in the database.

It also seems they have closed registration.

A lot of torrent sites are now closing registration or adding invite-only systems to make people obey the ratio limits.

Rico posted on Jul 22 2005 at 06:05 PM said:
A lot of torrent sites are now closing registration or adding invite-only systems to make people obey the ratio limits.
some places are just doing this:
"The cyclical open registrations

Some members seem to have misunderstood the reason of the cyclical open registrations. It's a performance issue only, and we will be opening the registrations as often as our resources permit.

We also added the invite system, in case you wish to invite a friend to join us, and the registrations are closed at that moment, but we never ment this website to become a private club.

Just a little clarification."
which probably is just an excuse for the reason you gave

Last edited by a moderator:
My account still works also. Maybe you didn't use it often enough? I've had that problem with other sites. Ratio about 2, but account deleted due to inactivity :(

as anyone able to invite anyone to UKNova, as they dont seem to be allowign sign ups :(

They do, but it's usually not for very long, so you have to check regularly.

My account was closed due to inactivity apparently. I only visited there where I actually wanted something, but kept a decent ratio. Apparently thats not enough, and they want regularly active people.

Ah well, there are better places now anyway, so no loss :)

Sounds to me like Sam is asking for names of Warez sites...

Uh, OH!

I've been away and couldn't log in anymore. Why did I have to create a new account?

Inactive accounts are deleted automatically to make room for new users to join UK Nova. If you did not visit the site for 42 days or more then your account will have been deleted and it will have become possible to register the same username & email address again.

Yeah.

I find all the episodes I want on Usenet these days, so why put up with slow torrents when you can download at your full speed 24/7 ?

sensible GP32 said:
CABBAGES said:
torrents are pants now better to use rapidshare.com! :p

this man speaks the truth.

I recently got done for torrents, issued a C&D and all that jazz. Can one get tracked down in the same way for using rapidshare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back