Ultimate Fenix --speed 266 Giving Me Strange Visual Problem After Clos

TrevorBradley

OK, I managed to figure out how to get Ultimate Fenix 0.2 for gp2x to increase the CPU speed... Everything works nice and speedy. However now when I quit my game I get a weird visual problem in gmenu2x. I'm getting dark thin skeheyt lines horizontally across the screen (way worse than the normal ones). It looks like some sort of nasty interlace issue.

If I launch another game, the graphics look fine, but if I drop back to gmenu2x, everything looks streaky again.

Is there a quick fix or should I be looking at further optimizing my new game to eek out even more FPS?

Why would you alter the speed yourself instead of allowing users to do that with GMenu2X?

Senor Quack said:
Why would you alter the speed yourself instead of allowing users to do that with GMenu2X?
I've having some nagging FPS issues that I'm having problems coding away. Once again I'm trying to push the GP2X and Fenix to their limits. I figure with the speed boost I'll be able to get a more consistent 24fps.

Also, GMenu2x doesn't seem to affect the speed of Fenix. Fenix has it's own internal code that resets the speed to 200 by default apparently...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor Bradley said:
Also, GMenu2x doesn't seem to affect the speed of Fenix. Fenix has it's own internal code that resets the speed to 200 by default apparently...
I've found that too; fenix was orignally ported before there was a way to change your clockspeed without the clock speed app and writing your own script so this was put in to make it easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back