unable to type some characters with the keyboard

Solstar

i just tried dosbox and freedos with qemu and i have problems in both of them.i need to go up one directory by typing d: or e : but i'm unable to do the : character.i tried eberything on the keyboard but nothing.besides,it looks like the layout is set to the US keyboard.what can i do about it?and also:with qemu,running freedos vanilla,how can i add folders with games etc?do i need to use the shared folder options in the main menu?thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
it doesn't work i already tried..if i press that combination nothing happens

with dosbox it can be sorted out by typing "keyb it" and thsi way you can use shift + : and it works.the problem is with freedos or other qemu img...it just won't work :(

Sorry to ask again, but some people do not get this on the first try: Are you sure you tried the left shoulder button and not the shift-button? They usually have the same function (enabling shift-mode) but in some applications like in dosbox they differ since they are based on different keycodes.

yeah i tried the LEFT SHOULDER BUTTON,that is on the top left...nothing at all....

You have to press the left shoulder + Fn + ;

Note, that this is a semicolon, not a colon.

Back