Undertale

Yoyobuae

Very Active Member
Whaaa?? No Undertale discussion thread yet? :)

But seriously, this game is GREAT! :wub:   Only played thru the demo and I'm planning on playing the actual game on Pandora using Exagear and Wine.

I have not setup Exagear before though so I was wondering how to set it up. And if someone could test the demo at least. Looks like it should work great on Pandora if it runs (runs fine on Linux PC via Wine).

In any case go play the demo if you haven't you'll get hooked instantly. ;)

www.undertale.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they used a custom engine... someone want to ask for the sourcecode for a Pandora port?

I played the demo some days ago and i liked it too , i might buy. (The Metacritic reviews are insanely high though, not sure if it is deserved)
A native OpenPandora port will never happen, simply because Undertale was made using Game Maker Studio...

[...]

Yeah, just stick Exagear i say.

Oh, that's a shame. I'll give the demo a try with Exagear once I can set it up and  report back results here then. ^_^

Well recently i bought the

Play and Create with GameMaker Humble Bundle, with a licence of GM-Studio and an Android export module, plus complete source code of many games.
Spelunky

L'Abbaye des Morts

Another Perspective

DRM (Death Ray Manta)

Spoiler Alert

Super Crate Box

Stealth Bastard Deluxe

Savant Ascent

Murder In The Hotel Lisbon

10 Second Ninja

Wasteland Kings

Wizard Wizard

YoYo RPG
not that i intend to develop for Android or with GM-Studio but i like the thing to have some source code and thinkering with it.
Now came the interesting part for this forum...as a customer of GameMakerStudio i asked to add (if possible) a Pandora/Pyra support/export module, and with my big surprise i have received a reply say that
Currently we are not taking any major suggestions in to GameMaker: Studio but this will be looked in to for the next version of GameMaker which is currently in development.
So who knows....maybe one day will be able to play the games created with GameMaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have seen to this bundle and was going to buy it when I noticed it was exclusively GM-Studio sources... I already tried to convert Spelunky with enigma and have gone nowhere, so I didn't bought the pack...

The answer you got a very generic I'm afraid. May be they will do a Pyra port (but I won't count on a Pandora one).

There isn't a Steam Linux port even though it allegedly would only require using an export module for Game Maker. All the developer has said about a Linux port is that it's more likely than console ports, which doesn't actually say an awful lot. A port for a platform like Pandora that involves substantially more work and targets a substantially smaller audience seems very unlikely.

From what I hear the game's extractor doesn't work in Wine so you need to do it on a Windows machine, and then the actual game has issues in Wine like poor audio latency. So I'm going to go ahead and wait and see if a proper Linux port ever happens.

Back