Release unnamed game with a mole

x1212

I didn't realize there are no longer topics opened automatically for everything uploaded to the repo ...

Unnamed game with a mole is a simple platformer. It was made with godot for ludum dare compo (ld29: "Beneath the Surface", link to the entry).

You can grab it here.

Left and right arrows to walk, up to jump and space to punch.
The normal worms (pink ones, not moving arround) can be used to get back some health by eating (walking over) them. The other ones (yellow, moving arround) are poisonous, if you come to close to them you will loose health.
(originally I even had some kind of background story in mind for this ...)

The goal is to let all the flowers on the surface bloom, by punching all the poisonous worms beneath the surface.

Since this was created for a 48 hour competition, please don't expect anything great ;) .

Now the probably more interesting part:
Included is a more recent build of godot (gles1 without editor). That could be usefull if anyone else wants to port a game made with godot to pandora.

Ah, ok that makes sense ...

I didn't know about this, because there is still this sticky topic where it says it only takes 30 min.

The Godot Engine looks interesting.... do you think you could send them a patch so that the main engine exports PNDs right away? That would be awesome :)

I guess this could be done, but will require some more work.

At the moment I use the exporter for Linux and replace the godot-binary with my own build and then package it with the help of some scrips provided in Ivanovic's toolchain.

I will have to look up how these exporters work, and how to provide an additional one and let it do what I did by hand so far. (Is there some library out there that can be used to do the packaging?)

Providing an easy (automatic) way to always get the most recent versions to work on the pandora will also be not too simple.

To create the build for pandora I had to do some changes within the toolchain (some symlink stuff) and some of the build-scipts made by them.

I don't think the sources with my patches applied could still be build for PC in their current state ... (Edit: actually I might only have to make sure the linker uses the correct libraries since I just made a working test-build for PC after some minor changes on the build-scripts ...)

But the next few weeks I might have enough spare time for this ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back