Unreliable Charging And Clock

GizmoTheGreen

Sometimes my pandora just decides to stop charging... whether via usb or charger.
I can replug the charger, red charging lite goes on for a while, then it goes out again.

Only way to remedy this is to wait a few minutes it seems...

Also, my clock looses one or two hours every now and then, whats up with that? D:

GizmoTheGreen said:
Also, my clock looses one or two hours every now and then, whats up with that? D:

Its when the goblin under the bed uses the Dr Who time travel application that Craig put in all pandora's :)

Nope its a bug mine is constantly loosing time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you set the correct time zone when you first setup the Pandora? it may be grabbing the time from the internet and updating to the wrong time.

Not sure if it updates online yet but Windows PC's do so maybe worth to double check it

Regarding charging, the battery might not be seated properly. Also read this:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54537-pandora-resetting-when-bumped-fix-it/

mali said:
Regarding charging, the battery might not be seated properly. Also read this:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54537-pandora-resetting-when-bumped-fix-it/

I've reseated it plenty of times, I don't have to move it around for it to stop...
But I will be more aware of it now.

And yes I have the correct time zone set. GMT +1

You could place a thin sheet of paper in the size of the battery compartment inside the battery compartment to get an imprint of the contacts for the battery. If you place the sheet on the battery now, you see if they align properly and how much variance is there if the battery slides to either side. Since charging stops both on PSU and USB, I suspect it must be the battery that's causing it.

after more testing and observation it appears using a wallsocket type miniusb charger, charging is 99% reliable.

Using my original psp charger its very unreliable, if its 100% still it works, but if i move it, red light goes of, and charging stops.
also, i have to replug the charger into the pandora to get it chargin again?

the OP supplied charger is still at my grandparents place so cant try it right now.

reflashed a couple of days ago, for the kicks, and seems clock is ok, sofar.

i have similar charging and clock issues.

received pandora today, plugged it in and srated to charge, it stopped at a reported 72%
removing the battery, re-seating, replugging the charger sometimes brings the light on sometims not. sometimes after it hasnt registered it will pick up charging a bit later.

the clock appears to stop when the lid is closed and pandroa is charging. time zone is correct and pandora is not connected to net.

i am also having some issues with getting emulators to work in that picodrive works once but never again unless i reformat the card and recopy the pnd.
gngeo seems to repeatedly hit the sd card (i assume sd) and yet does nothing, ive had the rom select screen load once otherwise it just sits after the bios screen nailing the sd card

Back