Update: Gp32:zine Status

zimba

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi guys, I've updated the news on the GP32:zine homepage. Unfortunately we recently lost the gp32zine.com domain so we have to cope with the old link:

http://www.thaworx.co.uk/zine/

I am wodnering what the general interest was for a possible revival of this thing, and if people would like it. Please post your comments here or on the site, or by mail:

gustav.lassen@adr.dk

We were reviving it. rico is making some thing for us to make it easier to put together. It was like 5 months ago when we started but gave up for some reason. I wrote like 5 articles for issue 4 and I can make new ones.

It'd be great if you could bring this magazine back - it was so professional when it used to come out, and a very very good read. If you need reviewers for the odd game, then I'm happy to try and help out occasionally, as I'm sure many others would be too...

And of course, there's a fair few games creators out there that could do with some tutorials, which would make for some non-review stuff to put in possibly (though I'm completely unsuited to doing those, I think). Zot, Gigas, and posibly Yeti3D or even Doom (get Drummaster to do a couple of tuts :D ) could make for great magazine material.

Enslaved posted on Aug 20 2004 at 08:24 AM said:
We were reviving it. rico is making some thing for us to make it easier to put together. It was like 5 months ago when we started but gave up for some reason. I wrote like 5 articles for issue 4 and I can make new ones.
Okay, I was not aware of that, but I guess we could reuse those articles that you've already written for a possible issue #4, but we'll have to look into that.

I will probably reset all staff on the zine, and take new applicants in soon, if I decide to go through with this. If anyone is interested just reply here or send me an E-mail.

Also I would like to get it printed again, so I will have to look for sponsors to do that for us, kind of like what Lik-Sang did to us, in the time they helped us..

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Tobriand, good sugestions!

Please bring this magazine back it was the best! And there should be enough new stuff to cover for several issues.

But tutorials, development coverage, interviews with the creators of ZOT! and Gigas would be great! Could fill many pages.

Basically a massive amount of work went into the project, and then our layout guy just fucking abandoned us. This led to a large amount of depression on my part because I was going to delegate layout work but didn't because this guy offered. As a result we managed to get over an issue's worth of content in one month, but couldn't publish it.

As we waited for emails from this guy whose hard drive had apparently failed, the news got gradually out of date.

I still have all of the issue 4 stuff on my hard drive. I toyed with the idea of relaunching it on the web instead because PDF generally sucks. I thought most of it was professional but there are mistakes in issue 3 still, for fuck's sake the intro is still the issue 2 intro.

Anyways zimba, your idea is surprising to say the least, and fairly suspicious. I mean that ipod link on the main page... I don't think I want that kind of stuff on my server. I remember the lik-sang banners and the paypal requests. It's depressing.

I can send you out the issue 4 stuff and, if you want, bobson's new designs (which replaced the other layout guy's stuff) or you can fly solo. You never did get around to sending me all the content I asked for...

mattmagoo: you could say that. The Lik-Sang dead ended and shortly after zimba left. I make no connection, so I'll argue that the zine could have kept going without the lik-sang deal. There was just a general lack of enthusiasm involved.

Finally: Zimba, make yourself clear. "If I decide to go through with this"... you can't just post a thread about something you might possibly get around to thinking about starting. If you aren't committed this zine will die like the last one. I obviously support a new issue because it deserves one.

BTW You can also see the preliminary (unstyled) Zine homepage v2.

i'm pretty sure you're credited. man it would sure be a crime to humanity if your name wasn't there after all your gigantic contributions to the zine <_<

Back