Updated My Gp2x To 1.4.0 But No Changes!!

Sphinx

Still Fresh
Website
www.ancientsoft.com
Hello all,

I upgraded my GP2X to the new firmware 1.4.0 but I could not see any changes except a flicker at the very lower right of the LCD (tiny line of 4 or 5 pixles!!)

According to Craig
- When watching movies you can now choose the CPU speed in order to save battery life, if your movie is encoded to a low resolution the batteries will last much longer.
- The Movie player now also allows you to resume playback of a previous file, even after a system reset.
- The Ebook utility is now much improved with bookmarks, fonts, background colors, true type support and line indication. Pressing A will enter the Display settings, in here you can select the Font colour, the background colour and the Font. Fonts from your windows folder can be used, copy them to your SD card. Once selected B saves the settings and exits back to the Ebook.
- To use the LCD utility move the scroll bar with the joystick, when you find a setting which you like you can save it as the default screen setting.
- In Explorer you can select files with the Select button, you will see a tick appear on them when they are selected. Use the Y button to cycle though the options of Move, Copy or Delete in the top left corner. To execute the function press A.

Nothing of the above works for me, am I missing something? or did I do anything wrong?

It sounds like you haven't run the patch. It should be called patch[numbers].gpu, and you need to run it from Utilities to get it to work.

Yeah Like nick said run the patch.

Strangly tile match as well as a few other games Im sure have distorted sound in the new firmware any Idea why?

yes, as he said it should say 1.4 in the bootup screen + in info screen
(this is where i went wrong before) :p

cheers
m

Wizza posted on Feb 18 2006 at 08:18 PM said:
yes, as he said it should say 1.4 in the bootup screen + in info screen
(this is where i went wrong before) :p

cheers
m

I can see the 1.4 patch in the info screen but the splash screen is still unchanged (shows ver 1.2.1). How would I go about to fixing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I did. Actually what I didn't do was to patch it from the booting sequence. From what I've gathered, there's seem to be a 2-step process to patching the firmware. 1) Loading the .gpu file from the Utilities section. 2) Patching the firmware when a patch is detected upon boot.

So I believe the problem lies in my GP2X unit not being able to get to the 2nd step. Is there any way around this?

mrpham posted on Feb 18 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
That's exactly what I did. Actually what I didn't do was to patch it from the booting sequence. From what I've gathered, there's seem to be a 2-step process to patching the firmware. 1) Loading the .gpu file from the Utilities section. 2) Patching the firmware when a patch is detected upon boot.

So I believe the problem lies in my GP2X unit not being able to get to the 2nd step. Is there any way around this?

Did you use a NAND locker? You might have to unlock it first.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to flash at boot first, then use the .gpu. Try Rob's beta updater, as it's the same .img as the beta.

Back