Upgrade your Classic CC Pandora to a brand new GC one!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since quite a few people have asked already (and have been waiting for this), especially since Android can really use 512MB RAM as well as a more recent SGX (the old one seems to have some problems with some games).

I finally included the option to upgrade a classic CC Pandora (or PCB) to a brand new GC one.

Price will be 152 EUR without VAT (or 180 EUR incl. VAT).

You will only have to pay VAT if you're living within the EU (so if you're living outside the EU, the price you pay for any item will be 19% cheaper then what you will see at the shop).

Once you created an account and are logged in, the shop will show you the correct price you have to pay.

Here is the direct link to the upgrade:

http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/34/products_id/222

If you also order a full case set (http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/34_49/products_id/216), I'll assemble it for you for free.

So basically, you can upgrade your old Pandora to a brand new one.

We'll keep your old PCB and will create cheaper, refurbished units from that.

This will help us some more to cover the losses we had due to some production company - and it will also make it possible for customers who don't have that much money to get a Pandora for a cheaper price (incl. warranty).

Feel free to ask any more questions here :)

[...] (so if you're living outside the EU, the price you pay for any item will be 19% cheaper then what you will see at the shop).
If you state it this way it's not true, because:

152*.19 = 28.88

but

180*.19 = 34.2 (and 180-34.2 = 145.8)

So, 180 is about 19% more compared to 152. However, compared to 180, 152 is more of a saving of roughly 16% (180*.16 = 28.8).

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] (so if you're living outside the EU, the price you pay for any item will be 19% cheaper then what you will see at the shop).
If you state it this way it's not true, because:

152*.19 = 28.88

but

180*.19 = 34.2 (and 180-34.2 = 145.8)

So, 180 is about 19% more compared to 152. However, compared to 180, 152 is more of a saving of roughly 16% (180*.16 = 28.8).

In order to add the 19%, you multiply by 1.19: 152*1.19 = 180.88

In order to remove the 19%, you divide by 1.19: 180.88/1.19 = 152

In order to remove the 19%, you divide by 1.19: 180.88/1.19 = 152
This is all about the way Ed expressed himself. The way Ed worded his post, some people might think they would have to use 19% of 180€, not 19% of 152€. The post should be changed for the sake of precision.

-----

(For purpose of clarification, a weird example:

The statement '50% cheaper than 180€' would not equate to a final price of 120€ (180€/1.5), but 90€ (180€-180€*.5).

Proceeding based on Ed's statement that "the price [...] will be 19% cheaper then[sic] what you will see at the shop", an example price of 180€ would equate to a calculated non-VAT price of 145,8€ (180€-180€*.19), which differs quite a bit from the actual non-VAT price of 152€ (roughly 180€/1.19).)

My CC Pandora is on the way to EvilDragon, to fix the WIFI and change the case in a Platin one, (because i think there better--), but a new board, i dont know, do i need this more Ram?? , i dont think so...

mybe if the more ram is need for main programms, than i have to upgrade, but until then, i think im happy whit my 256 mb Pandora whit the Platin Case, and fixed wifi..

But for Peaple who need the extra Ram, its a good idea..

Excellent news! I'm sending one of my Pandoras to get the upgrade next week ED, very exciting! :)

Oh, one question though: will there be an option to upgrade to a 1ghz board, some time soon then?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the comment at the end of the page. I'll wait until the 1ghz offer is available, and then upgrade.

Hinweis: Es handelt sich hier NICHT um die demnächst erscheinende 1GHz-Version. Ein Update auf diese wird demnächst möglich sein (kostet aber mehr).

Translation: This is not the upcoming 1GHz version. An update to that will soon be possible, too (but more expensive).

So this is a paying upgrade for 512MB Ram.

From what i understood from the original announcement was that once all CC boards where shipped pre-orders left would be filled in with the GC (512MB) boards for the same price (ref).

What should waiting preorders do? Cash up or wait and hope to be lucky? Is that discount still going to apply if we get a 256MB?

Sorry for spoiling the fun but i'd really like to know.

From what i understood from the original announcement was that once all CC boards where shipped pre-orders left would be filled in with the GC (512MB) boards for the same price.

What should waiting preorders do? Cash up or wait and hope to be lucky? Is that discount still going to apply?

I think they plan to use the board from CC to sell cheaper ones and old preorder will still get the GC version... if not that'll be a deal breaker for me at least... but I don't think they will try to give us old refurbished boards from CC...

From what i understood from the original announcement was that once all CC boards where shipped pre-orders left would be filled in with the GC (512MB) boards for the same price (ref).

What should waiting preorders do? Cash up or wait and hope to be lucky? Is that discount still going to apply if we get a 256MB?

This doesn't affect outstanding preorders, those will get NEW PCBs (we can't deliver USED ONES here, can we?), so anyone still waiting will get the 512MB version anyways.

THIS OFFER IS JUST FOR USERS WHO ALREADY HAVE AN OLD CC PANDORA!

Last edited:
You have my utter admiration for your commitment ED. If i ever come buy Ingolstadt i'll by you a beer for sure!

Thank you for the answer.

Hi ED,

Here are my questions :

1) Does the cost of €180 include delivery charges, my guess is that it does not but it could be worth mentioning this in the original post.

2) What actual benefits will a 256MB user see after upgrading to the 512MB version compared to running with ZRam / swapfile enabled, what games/software run better with the new SGX?

3) If my CC unit is under warranty and suffering from case cracks will there still be a charge for upgrading the case?

4) What would it cost to upgrade to a 1Ghz Pandora i.e. one with the new DM3730 processor?

I want to use Android, do i realy need 512 mb ram?? I dont want to play games like nova 2, gta 3

but Minecraft Pocket Edition, World of Goo, Cut the Rope, an some other 2d games

mybe this 3D RC Fly game..

At Pandora games, i want to play Emus up too PSX, and N64, and i want to watch youtube on the Pandora,

do i realy need an upgrade ???

Its a good time to order a change, because my Pandora is on EDs Place for WIFI Repear, (i hope so), but im happy whit my 256 mb unit

it's up to me, but I think you'dd better upgrade for a 1GHz version later when they will get a normal price (as oposed to the fundraiser 500$ upgrade...)

When i get my Pandora back, it still has 256 mb Ram, enought for my reasons, and a nice platin case, so it will look like a rebirt edition,

for better Android Games, i have a Sony Xperia Play, but whit the Android PND, i can Android Games, whitout train my Handybatterie much.., the Pandora has 4000 mah instead of 2000 mah which is in the Xperia, so i have a lot more time to play :)

My Pandora 2 will have more than 256 mb, until then my CC Pandora is enought :)

I want to use Android, do i realy need 512 mb ram?? I dont want to play games like nova 2, gta 3

but Minecraft Pocket Edition, World of Goo, Cut the Rope, an some other 2d games

mybe this 3D RC Fly game..

At Pandora games, i want to play Emus up too PSX, and N64, and i want to watch youtube on the Pandora,

do i realy need an upgrade ???

Its a good time to order a change, because my Pandora is on EDs Place for WIFI Repear, (i hope so), but im happy whit my 256 mb unit

Not necessarily.

It's hard to tell how much memory Android will really need in the end (swap can be used, etc.), for small games, I think you should be fine.

The SGX could be an issue for some games, but this will also only be Android-Related.

The normal Pandora programs won't make a huge difference, unless you want to run a ton of desktop applications as one :)

The 256MB Pandora is still as great as ever for playing emulators and games :)

Then im Happy whit my old Pandora (whit new Case)

By the Way EvilDragon: do you have my Pandora yet??

I dit send you 2 Pack Honey Bonbons in this Packet :)

Back