Upgraded My Psp To Firmware 2.7

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Hmmmmm!

Well....! I decded yesterday to upgrade my PSP to firmware version 2.7. I've had a 1.5 PSP ever since it came out so I could use homebrew stuff, but to be honest, I was getting a bit mored with that, and not being able to easily play the latest games etc.

The main thing I've been using is the SNEs emu, which, I gotta say, is great. But, even so, it seemed I just had an expensive SNES emulator, and was missing out, so finally gave up and upgraded.

I wish I'd done it a lot sooner!!!

The browser is a LOT better than I expected, and the podcasting ability is absolutely fantastic!!! The fact that it can go on and check for new versions of podcasts by using my wireless connection is just brilliant! It can be ages between connections of my ipod to my computer, but now I can get the podcasts without having to do that. I've subscribed to a few and just go on each night in bed now, and get the latest versions without having to do anything!

The browser, like I said, is a lot more functional than I thought, and handles the majority of websites with not too many problems. The only time its a pain is when the site requries a lot of text input (like this one!!!) its great for browsing the forums though!

The flash support is also good, though a little sluggish. I have no problem going onto the weebl and bob animations at http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/, which I tend to for the odd chuckle. Found it wasnt fast enough for games though, which is a shame.

All-in-all though, I'm now using my PSP way more than I have for months! Fantastic fr when you're sitting on the bog on the web :)

Axeman posted on Apr 28 2006 at 11:04 PM said:
All-in-all though, I'm now using my PSP way more than I have for months! Fantastic fr when you're sitting on the bog on the web :)
Please don't bring that up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Apr 28 2006 at 11:06 PM said:
Axeman posted on Apr 28 2006 at 11:04 PM said:
Please don't bring that up again.

Why? Cant you handle the image ;)

Oops. Just noticed - should be in Other Consoles!!!!

SELF-MOVED

So what new games do you want to play? Ans what could be better than perfect snes emulation?

lubidog posted on Apr 28 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
So what new games do you want to play? Ans what could be better than perfect snes emulation?
prefect snes emulation with an SNES controller

lubidog posted on Apr 29 2006 at 12:17 AM said:
A SNES.

Angel posted on Apr 29 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
i'm keeping my 2.0 since 2.0 can already do everything but the flash, and from the impression i get, the flash is only good for ads and pop ups.
What internet are you living in?

PSyMastR posted on Apr 29 2006 at 07:17 AM said:
i'm keeping my 2.0 since 2.0 can already do everything but the flash, and from the impression i get, the flash is only good for ads and pop ups.

The Microsoft one probably.

it only supports Flash 6 or something old doesnt it??... Also, Most Flash things were giving people that damn "Out of Memory" sign :(

im really wanting to upgrade from a year and 2 months of 1.5, and snes emulation dont bother me, i dont think its anywhere near perfect, and theres rarely updates for any of the emulators anymore. im worried if i upgrade that something amazing will be avalible for 1.5 owners. at the moment it hardly gets out of the bottom of my sock draw (along with my gp32)

ha ha ha, good avatar angel, just noticed it.

Yeah, that damn out of memory thing killed me inside a little bit. Why can't sony release something to let us use our memory cards.

craigix posted on Apr 29 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on Apr 29 2006 at 07:17 AM said:

The Microsoft one probably.
:lol: :lol: :D :D

Excellent upgrade, shame that flash wasn't faster tho "Badger Badger Badger" is unplayable, in fact all flash works but way too slow to be viable.

I still think they need to update the JavaScript engine, its doument write seems to be a little off.

I read that the net connection security has been improved, will look into that as connecting to my works net was impossible before.

hmm. Sounds like I may upgrade.

I turned on my psp after months of not playing it (since gta was released), and was forced to upgrade to 2.6. No worries though- I wasnt missing anything anyways ;). I guess once you make the leap from 1.5 to 2.0 it just doesnt matter anymore.

Well, ill try this upgrade out in a bit. Off to play dark mirror! (gonna write a small review for it) :)

I'll never upgrade from 1.5.

Ever.

The only thing I'm missin out on is the browser...and although I want this badly, the browser does not outweigh the positives of staying on 1.5.

Kop_007 posted on May 2 2006 at 02:37 PM said:

Ever.

The only thing I'm missin out on is the browser...and although I want this badly, the browser does not outweigh the positives of staying on 1.5.

Why not just upgrade to 2.0 and then downgrade when you need to? I used to do this several times a day, never did my PSP any harm.

Kop_007 posted on May 2 2006 at 02:37 PM said:

Ever.

i thought the same way, but what about games released from now onwards? i cant see no way at all that anyone is going to crack 2.7 and there doesnt seem like theres many people even trying anymore, so surely you'll have to consider upgrading sooner or later? (still not done mine yet, <_< )

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 1 2006 at 11:52 PM said:
I guess once you make the leap from 1.5 to 2.0 it just doesnt matter anymore.

Why? you could have downgraded back to 1.5 :p

Plus, N64 Emu has just been released and its quite good for a first release give it time and it will probably be playable :D

Also, the New Homebrew Location Free player that uses a PCI TV Tuner Card seems amazing :D

I downloaded to fw 2, and am happy to be back to 1.5.

I'd rather buy a new pc than loose what I have! It's perfect etc.

Back