Urgent Windows Xp Help!!!

A

Aaaaaaaa

I'd love it if someone could help me out with my windoes xp problem.

I turned on my computer yesterday, then a few seconds later i accidently pulled out the power supply, and my computers going loopy.

IT gets to the Window loading screen. Then a BSOD comes up for about half a second (too fast for me to read), and then it resets again!!

I have tried putting in the windows XP cd and repairing Windoes but it comes up with a load of options that i dont get.

I found a case with a similar problem but none of it really applies to me

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/375960.html

PS. booting safe mode dosnt work ewither. same thing happens

Thanks for reading but it didnt help. It just said it appears to be functional.

I still have the same problem :( any ideas?

That happened to me, but my computer didn't automatically restart from the bsod.

It probably says something like "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"

A number of things could cause that. The fact that there's a bsod, let alone the LOADING screen, indicates that the HD is working enough to load the windows files.

Bad ram could cause this too, I mean, you DID say you pulled the power out.

First, you should give it a day to let the ram clear out. You might need to unplug the computer for that, I'm not sure. If that doesn't work, try replacing the ram. If THAT doesn't work, then I don't know. I haven't fixed my old PC yet.

Edit: My problem was also caused by a power issue. I was playing a game like normal, and then a squirrel or something got into the power transformer outside, because the power went out for a second, and there was an audible POP from outside. Damn squirrels! When my computer tried to boot back up, I got to the loading screen, which would only last for maybe 5 seconds, and then it'd crap out with a BSOD. I kept restarting, but this kept happening. I went into the recovery console and typed fixboot, which screwed my HD up. My NTFS partition now thinks it's a FAT partition. My files and stuff are still on my HD, but I can't get to them. NOW when I boot up, I don't get any Windows screens at all. I just get an error about ntldr missing. I could fix my HD by restoring the bootsector from its backup, but I'm scared stiff because I might mess it up, causing my HD to be totally unfixable.

So DO NOT run fixboot, and **DO NOT** run fixmbr.

Squidge posted on Sep 1 2005 at 05:20 PM said:
have you tried safe mode?

Yes, same reset thing happened.

@Drag. thanks. i hope that works!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back