USA Nub Replacment?

dgame

Is there anyone who can remove and replace the nubs on my Pandora in the USA?

I don't see the nubs for sale at https://www.dragonbox.de/en/16-pandora

I have three Pandoras and my 1 GHz has a bad left nub. So I would be willing to sacrifice a CC unit for its nubs.

I would want both CC nubs put on the 1 GHz as they have less wear on them.

The 1 GHz nubs would probably work on the CC if you switch the sides as the bad one could probably be used for mouse click.

Now here is the kicker, if someone can do this competently I will let them keep the CC Pandora if that is an acceptable form of payment. If not then name your price.

I would like someone who is experienced  with changing nubs on the Pandora to do this.

Thanks!

I'm no expert, but I think separating the nubs and the mainboard may require to sacrifice one part or the other. I.e. either you heat the board with a blowtorch (destroing it) and get the nubs, or you remove the nubs the hard way (damaging them), but you get a working board to solder new nubs on.

Why don't you send it to Ed.  Since you have 3, you can use the others when waiting for the 1GHz to be fixed.  I replaced mine with no problem and I didn't need a blowtorch.  I used only one tool, and it is the soldering tool to desolder and solder using the same one ;) .  It takes a little patient but nothing too difficult about it.  I wouldn't mind doing it for dgame, but I will be traveling next 3 weeks so he has to wait a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed nubs myself but , i'm no expert.., Its possible to do, but tricky..

It's not too hard to do With some basic desoldering equipment and some skill.

At least here, in a 3rd world country, there are small stores where they repair stuff like TVs, mobile phones and other electronics for a small fee, so if I had no skills I would go to them and ask to do it. I don't know if you can find such places in US, I guess people just throw their stuff away when it's broken?

I don't know if you can find such places in US, I guess people just throw their stuff away when it's broken?
Or when they don't want it anymore, or when they get something "better", amongst other reasons.

Many US cities have repair places, less so in more rural areas, however the rate they charge it's not entirely worth it.. I've been told sometimes charges upwards of hundreds of dollars to fix devices that cost around that much even for simple fixes.  Myself I always attempt to repair items myself prior to sending it to the recycling center.

I've been meaning to fix the left nub on my 1Ghz Pandora for sometime now actually..

Back