USB Adapters

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
I'm looking to acquire any controller usb adapters for consoles to pandora can emulate. I've already got the adaptoid for my n64 needs, but would like some input what people are using or know about. I'm not looking to buy from you, that's why i didn't put this in trading forum, I'm just looking for info. The more different kinds of controllers can be connected to adapter, the better. Say, maybe one adapter that can do NES and SNES, while some other can do Genesis, and Master System or such. Would be nice to have once tv-out cables are mass-available.

I don't know of any combination NES-and-SNES USB adapters, so I'm guessing you'd have to use separate ones for those. I use these - they're brilliant.

There's also this one, which does Atari-style (old computer) joysticks, as well as both Master System and Mega Drive controllers, in one.

Also of possible interest is this Saturn controller adapter.

I can't comment on the latter two, as I don't have those, though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much, i bought the NES adapter you linked, went with a mayflash snes adapter, and as much as id like that genesis sms adapter, its a little overpriced on that link, and i cant find anything similar on amazon either

To be honest, the Raphnet Mega Drive/Master System/Atari adapter is the only one like that that I'm aware of.

RetroUSB offer a Mega Drive-only one for a not-much-lower cost, which strikes me as a bad buy in light of the multi-compatibility of the Raphnet one.

If I see any others for that type of controller, I'll be sure to let you know. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to know how this work.

Does it "work out of the box" or do you need extra steps to use a controller via usb?

I'd like to use a snes controller with my pandora.

Thanks

i would like to know how this work.

Does it "work out of the box" or do you need extra steps to use a controller via usb?

I'd like to use a snes controller with my pandora.

Thanks

Most USB controllers including USB SNES controllers or SNES controllers with a USB adapter will work with many emulators and games on a Pandora, the only thing you need is a USB 2.0 High Speed hub easily obtained for under five US dollars.

Back