Usb Connection Broken

furyhunter600

Still Fresh
I just updated to firmware 2.1.0 and I want the Aurora skin back, since as advertised it isn't backward compatible with 2.0 skins. But, in order to use the skin, I have to put the .gps in the skin folder on the NAND. The only way I know of without uber H@x is to use the USB cable. But, when I connected the USB and went to USB connection in Settings for NAND, it keeps saying that the device has malfunctioned on Windows.

Can I have a little help here? Thanks in advance.

Keep trying, use a fresh powerful set of batteries, and if you have a another USB cable from another device that fits, try it instead. Here are some suggestions from the wiki:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Current_GP2X_Issues#USB_Problems

When I first got by GP2X recently a few weeks ago, nothing I tried would get it past the "USB device malfunction" message in XP, even on two different computers and two different cables. Eventually, I was able to get it to be recognised on two of my computers consistently, one of them being USB 1.0-only. I had tried for an hour or two, and eventually things just seemed to "settle down", never had to upgrade the firmware or install newer drivers, just patience was all.

It seems to be happiest on my ancient laptop with USB 1.0. My most powerful computer that has an NForce-3 board in it still fails to recognise it properly, though. My sisters' laptop with USB2.0 does work well. One thing you might want to try is digging up an old USB 1.0 hub and using it off that.

Digging up? I can just take it from my brother's room, along with the K'NEX stand he made for it. He never plugged it in, anyways.

Anyways, I never saw that issue when I was researching the GP2X to see if it was a good buy. I think my brother's oooooold 64mb MP3 player used the same cord as the GP2X does, I'll search for it.

And, I'm guessing the USB isn't neccessary for what I'm trying to do. XD, I can just use my card reader and copy the files through the explorer.

Thanks for the help Senor. If there was a reputation feature here like on GunZFactor, I would +Rep.

Back