Usb Connection

Captian Kil

Still Fresh
When i connect the GP2X to my computer i get this message at that says

"USB device not recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windwos does not recognze it."

Its says in the intructions that i should install a driver (once i tried windows troubleshooter, i can't find it in the maze of files.
I then tried putting the SD card into "Jessops Universal Card Reader" to see if that would work, it did but it didn't show up in "My computer". Can someone help, and tell me where i can't get the driver?

i have exactly the same problem but mine does not get recognized at all. Only once nad it came up with that error and i can never get it back top that stage.

I got it working using the card reader and now it works. I got some music (Bloodhose gand: Bad touch B) ) and i got DOOM WORKING :D :D

I advice you to get the card reader. It is annoying switching back and forward but it works (something like £16 works for CF/MD, SD/mini SD/MMC/RSMMC, (square)/SM, MS Duo/MS/MS pro Duo/ MS pro.

The "/" is breaking up the names of all the cards that fit in the same slot, and the "," is braking up the diffenert slots. Hope that helps.

If you just want to try a SD/MMC card reader, and don't care about the rest, you can pick one up for £2.99.

If you prefer a SmartMedia, SD, MMC, Compact Flash, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Mini-SD, RS-MMC , XD card reader, you can get one of those for £3.79.

The above are ex vat, but of course if you order from outside the UK (eg. 7dayshop), then they'll be vat exempt anyway :)

Captian Kil posted on Dec 25 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
When i connect the GP2X to my computer i get this message at that says

"USB device not recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windwos does not recognze it."

Its says in the intructions that i should install a driver (once i tried windows troubleshooter, i can't find it in the maze of files.
I then tried putting the SD card into "Jessops Universal Card Reader" to see if that would work, it did but it didn't show up in "My computer". Can someone help, and tell me where i can't get the driver?

I had this problem and after a lot of searching on the internet finally found a solution for XP.
First of all install the USB driver see here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb
Then from device manager uninstall all the USB devices
Reboot PC twice (I don't know why but it worked)
Then attach your GP2x and hopefully it should work. It may take a few seconds. The USB devices should all reappear in device manager.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back