Usb Cord Question

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
OK , so Linux gots me now, Im all pumped up for linux

I just bought an AC powered HUB , I am getting a chatboard tomorow , I bought a Linux distro for my server to help me learn Linux , and the only thing I need is the USB gender changer adaptor thingy

The one that goes from GP32 cable to the HUB cable , I believe its a FEMALE A to FEMALE A USB adaptor , am I right?

well, thing is, no one around me has the damn thing
so, where can I get one ( online ) (( cheap please )) and if you dont know that, how do I make my own?

Thx

~Octavious

It's good to see that the gplinux project has gotten you interested in linux and that you are interested in using it for other purposes. I run clarkconnect on my server which is a stripped down version of redhat. It has no gui and all functions are done remotly through the command line which was a great way to learn how the os works. I later startes using it as my desktop os and currently I use suse 9.1 as my os of choice on a day to day basis and at work and think it's an awesome distro.
If you are interested in trying linux as a desktop os but don't want to bother with installing it on your harddrive you can try out a live cd distro. A live cd is a full linux distrobution that boots off of a cd when you start your computer and allows you to run linux on your computer straight from the cd. The best known live cd is called knoppix and is worth checking out.
If you still want to stick to windows for awhile but want to try out some opensource software search google for the open cd project. It is a cd full of opensource software that all runs on windows. It has a lot of really useful stuff on it so check that out. If you have any linux questions feel free to pm me and welcome to the world of linux.

It's good to see that the gplinux project has gotten you interested in linux and that you are interested in using it for other purposes. I run clarkconnect on my server which is a stripped down version of redhat. It has no gui and all functions are done remotly through the command line which was a great way to learn how the os works. I later startes using it as my desktop os and currently I use suse 9.1 as my os of choice on a day to day basis and at work and think it's an awesome distro.
If you are interested in trying linux as a desktop os but don't want to bother with installing it on your harddrive you can try out a live cd distro. A live cd is a full linux distrobution that boots off of a cd when you start your computer and allows you to run linux on your computer straight from the cd. The best known live cd is called knoppix and is worth checking out.
If you still want to stick to windows for awhile but want to try out some opensource software search google for the open cd project. It is a cd full of opensource software that all runs on windows. It has a lot of really useful stuff on it so check that out. If you have any linux questions feel free to pm me and welcome to the world of linux.

and the cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all, ya , thats the one , Suse 9.1
thats the one i bought , My bro also bought Redhat and something else
( he knows Linux , maybe he can teach me , If I can eve get ahold of him anymore )
well, thx for the links , and to the guy who knows linux ( lol ) thx for the sugestions

~Octavious

Back