USB device mode

Austin25

I know the USB OTG port supports usb networking and reading the SD cards with the device mode. What other capabilities are supported or possible? Could you have it appear as a USB drive with a network mounted iso image appear as the media so you could boot from it? Could you have it appear as a USB hub with some of the features appear as devices, such as the speakers, the gaming controls, the touchscreen, the keyboard, the wifi chip, the Bluetooth chip, etc.?

I know the USB OTG port supports usb networking and reading the SD cards with the device mode. What other capabilities are supported or possible? Could you have it appear as a USB drive with a network mounted iso image appear as the media so you could boot from it? Could you have it appear as a USB hub with some of the features appear as devices, such as the speakers, the gaming controls, the touchscreen, the keyboard, the wifi chip, the Bluetooth chip, etc.?
I don't think there's necessarily any theoretical issue with any of these, it's just that someone would have to write drivers to expose all this functionality.

I don't think there's necessarily any theoretical issue with any of these, it's just that someone would have to write drivers to expose all this functionality.
Are there any similar drivers that could be ported, or would the developer need to start from scratch?

Are there any similar drivers that could be ported, or would the developer need to start from scratch?
I think broadly similar drivers exist for the PSP, but anything like this would probably be pretty hardware-specific. I'm definitely the wrong person to ask about this, though; my professional programming experience is very limited and quite high-level (C# mostly).

I think broadly similar drivers exist for the PSP, but anything like this would probably be pretty hardware-specific. I'm definitely the wrong person to ask about this, though; my professional programming experience is very limited and quite high-level (C# mostly).
The kernel tree still suggests this is experimental, so plenty of scope for adding in features.

Back