USB Keyboard on Kernel 3.2 not working?

Kainekokun

Still Fresh
Hello,

my apologies if I am missing something obvious, I tried my best with google and the search function of the forums, but I couldn't find any answers to this problem.

If I run the 2.6 kernel, my USB keyboard (an Apple Mini Aluminium) is recognised (shows up on lsusb) and also works, in that I can press keys and this generates events on the Pandora (my test case is simply to type something into a terminal, alas there seems to be no xev installed).

If I run the 3.2 kernel, the keyboard still shows up in lsusb, and is correctly recognised (both the keyboard proper as the built-in USB hub), but pressing any key on the keyboard has no effect whatsoever.

I've tried plugging the keyboard straight into the Pandora, or using it over a powered USB hub, but neither worked.

I was hoping that on the 3.2 kernel, things like the Fn button and the keys like PageUp/PageDown/Home/End/Delete would work, because they do not seem to work on the 2.6 kernel. Alternatively, if this is a know problem of the current 3.2 kernel, and someone knows how to get the Fn functionality to work on the 2.6 kernel, that would solve my problems as well.

Many, many thanks for reading.

Have you updated to latest firmware (SuperZaxxon 1.51)? Older one has some HID modules missing, which might be the cause for your keyboard not working.

Thank you everyone for pointing out the new firmware, I had indeed missed that bit of news.

It took a while to upgrade my Pandora (I was desperately trying to do it without loosing all my settings, of course that was a mistake and I had to resort to wiping my SD card and starting from scratch), but I finally have a working firmware 1.51 running.

Unfortunately, this has not changed the behaviour I described earlier with firmware 1.5: when using kernel 3.2, the keyboard shows up as detected *and* recognised properly on the output of dmesg, but pressing any key does not generate any input on the pandora. When using kernel 2.6, the keyboard works, but the special Fn key and it's combinations do not.

Does anyone have any other clues as to what I could try to do?

Many thanks.

Did you google searched for Apple Mini Aluminium linux ?

Seems some tweaks are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back