Usb Port Not Working

MistaGiggles

Still Fresh
For some reason the USB port on my pandora is not working. When I first recieved my unit I tried plugging in my External HDD and everything worked fine (including automount), my flash drive also worked. A few days ago I posted a thread after my usb keyboard wouldn't work with my pandora (on first try) and I was told a USB hub might fix it. I wasn't able to get my hands on one but today I tried plugging my external HDD back in to my pandora with no success.

The command lsusb returns nothing other than the two SD card slots and fdisk -l just returns the SD card I have inserted.
Is my USB port bust? Can it be replaced or will I need to get my pandora repaired?

you have to shut it down then power it up again, the usb has crashed

this happens when you plug in a usb1(.1) device.
you need a hub inbetween for those to work. (and not crash the usb2)

if you try dmesg you should see something like, couldnt enumerate device on usb, if your device was usb1 :/

GizmoTheGreen said:
you have to shut it down then power it up again, the usb has crashed

this happens when you plug in a usb1(.1) device.
you need a hub inbetween for those to work. (and not crash the usb2)

if you try dmesg you should see something like, couldnt enumerate device on usb, if your device was usb1 :/

Ah right, I did try the dmesg thing and I thought that error message meant nothing was detected.

Last edited by a moderator:
i surely hope we can fix this, in software, atleast so it doesnt crash the controller, just make it do nothing, so a usb2 device would still work afterwards.

Back