Usb Problem For Gp32. Any Advice?

Gamer7

Still Fresh
Okay. I recently purchased a gp32 system from a ebay. it did not have a usb cable. I purchased an adaptor as recommended in this forum. I am unable to install the drivers on my computer required to use the PC link program and install the free launcher. I have the original korean firmware. The drivers install but then it says that the "device cannot start" I have gone about various ways to install these drivers with no success. The pc link or gp manager will not detect the device. I have windows xp SP1. I remember installing the drivers a long time ago and not having any problems. clearly there is something I must be overlooking. Would using Windows 98 be preferable?

It seems that there is no way around linking the gp32 to the pc in order to install the cracked free launcher. Is there any way to install the free launcher with a card reader or something? I have searched the forums and have tried all things suggested. What else should I do? Please help, I really want to get this working. Thank you very much.

-David

Gamer7 said:
Okay. I recently purchased a gp32 system from a ebay. it did not have a usb cable. I purchased an adaptor as recommended in this forum. I am unable to install the drivers on my computer required to use the PC link program and install the free launcher. I have the original korean firmware. The drivers install but then it says that the "device cannot start" I have gone about various ways to install these drivers with no success. The pc link or gp manager will not detect the device. I have windows xp SP1. I remember installing the drivers a long time ago and not having any problems. clearly there is something I must be overlooking. Would using Windows 98 be preferable?

It seems that there is no way around linking the gp32 to the pc in order to install the cracked free launcher. Is there any way to install the free launcher with a card reader or something? I have searched the forums and have tried all things suggested. What else should I do? Please help, I really want to get this working. Thank you very much.

-David

Yeah, Windows 98 should do the trick. I never got it to work on XP. I suppose you could try it from a virtual machine if you don't have a spare computer to put it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a computer lyin around that I'm installing windows 98 on. I really hope this works.

windows 98 didn't work me either.it does not detect the device. is there specific way i'm supposed to install the drivers? in device manager, it says GamePark GP32 USB under Universal Serial Bus Controller but PC link does not detect it. I'm at my wit's end with this thing. clearly there is a way its supposed to be done. what kind of device am i supposed to be installing it as? Any suggestions? I have tried this on multiple machines.

is there anyone out there I could sen my smc to so it could freelauncher could be installed and encrypted to it. It would be greatly appreciated. the pc link is just not happening.

Is there a way you can disable USB 2.0 and force 1.1 transfer speeds? I seem to remember some problem involving this in the past, but I can't remember what specifically it relates to.

Failing that, where are you located? My Windows 98 box transfers to GP32 with GP Manager just fine. If you're someplace where postage won't be a problem, I might be able to try helping you out.

Back