Usb Thumbdrive Housing

Website
Visit site
I have a 2GB thumbdrive that I stepped on and I cracked the plastic around the actual thumbdrive. The board is still intact and it works when I plug it in, but I can't really carry it around for fear that I'll break it... (worse).

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement for the plastic, or something that will work just as well (while still fitting in a normal USB port?

I tried google, but couldn't find anything.

I really don't want to have to buy a replacement for it, because it still works.

Thanks.

That's pretty expensive.

Try looking for two part epoxy putty. There's plumber's putty which is used to fix leaks and is pretty cheap, while modelling uses "green stuff", "white stuf" and "brown stuff". You just knead together the two parts in euqal measures and sculpt it the way want it (onto the board in your case). Let it dry and you're done. Green Stuff (best known from Games Workshop) has a slightly rubbery plastic finish, white stuff feels nearly like concrete when dry and I have never used brown stuff. I'd try green stuff as it's very easy to clean up.

However, while I am pretty sure they are safe to use, I don't guarantee that they like electricity. If you get a short I won't accept any blame ;)

EDIT: That's green stuff: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...&GameNav=300810
However, mine was cheaper here in Germany...

That's pretty expensive.

Try looking for two part epoxy putty. There's plumber's putty which is used to fix leaks and is pretty cheap, while modelling uses "green stuff", "white stuf" and "brown stuff". You just knead together the two parts in euqal measures and sculpt it the way want it (onto the board in your case). Let it dry and you're done. Green Stuff (best known from Games Workshop) has a slightly rubbery plastic finish, white stuff feels nearly like concrete when dry and I have never used brown stuff. I'd try green stuff as it's very easy to clean up.

However, while I am pretty sure they are safe to use, I don't guarantee that they like electricity. If you get a short I won't accept any blame ;)

EDIT: That's green stuff: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...&GameNav=300810
However, mine was cheaper here in Germany...

I think I'm gonna try this stuff... if they ship to APO addresses of course... Thanks a lot. I think this might work. And it probably can be used for other projects too.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back