USB woes

Galaxis

I'm having problems with USB devices, especially USB-serial (RS232) adapters connected through a hub: They disappear every couple of minutes, and then I get a new ttyUSBx - device. Tried several hubs (powered and unpowered), and several adapters with different chipsets. One of them uses the PL2303 which usually works excellent on linux systems...

An USB ethernet adapter that I have works ok-ish when directly connected to the Pandora (which isn't possible with the RS232 dongles as they're all USB 1.1), but also gets disconnects when run through a hub. So to suspect the itself hub is an obvious choice, but I tried three different ones (one powered, two unpowered) - and they all work fine when connected to a desktop system.

Did anyone notice something similar, or is it just a problem I have?

So it seems to be a connection problem: When I waggle the usb device slighly (left-right, not up-down), it gets disconnected. Happens with every USB gadget I tried (contrary to what I wrote in the first post, even with the ethernet adapter).

Is there something I can do to try to fix it? No idea if it's between the board and USB connector, or between connector and device...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back