Use Kickstarter to make the perfect Pandora?

Kickstarter: good/bad/indifferent?

• Total voters

ibisum

I think the core crew ought to seriously consider the positives of using Kickstarter to fund the next round of Pandora evolution.

The fight to make the Pandora a reality for a lot of people is, still, clearly being fought; but would it not be better to have it being won in a proper arena?

What do you mean with a "perfect" Pandora? :huh:

Completely re-design or just updated Chips or just continuing the current Pandora but in a faster way?

Doesn't actually sound like a good idea to me. Kickstarter takes a cut; Amazon takes a cut. Meanwhile, OPT successfully raised funds entirely on their own without any middlemen taking too much of the money. The problem in Pandora's case is very little to do with acquiring funds and everything to do with lack of supply. If everyone had just done what was expected of them and at least came close to meeting deadlines, they wouldn't be in the mess they are now.

Why would you want them to use Kickstarter? There has been expressed interest from individual investors already, and Kickstarter just takes a cut from everything. If OPT wants to take donations in a Kickstarter format, they can do it themselves, without Kickstarter.

I'm also not sure if the money usually raised on Kickstarter, ie < $100k, is enough to make a huge difference for OPT level funding.

At first I thought this was talking about the boot-loader..

Kickstarter probably doesn't make much sense, investors would make a lot more sense.

I'm nigh finished with my business plan and discussed everything through with my tax counsellor.

It's looking good so far.

Basically, everyone from the community who is interested could invest into my company to help us start the Pandora production in Germany, though it probably wouldn't make much sense if it's an amount below 10.000 EUR...

Every investor would get a share from the winnings made each year, and if I have 300 different investors, it would be A LOT of work just to transfer the money (and too high costs to make sense, probably).

I'll give you more information about it soon, but if you're interested in investing into the OpenPandora GmbH to produce the Pandora, let me know.

BTW: The same company is also running my GP2X Shop, so anyone who invest would get a share of the winnings there as well.

Kickstarter probably doesn't make much sense, investors would make a lot more sense.

I'm nigh finished with my business plan and discussed everything through with my tax counsellor.

It's looking good so far.

Basically, everyone from the community who is interested could invest into my company to help us start the Pandora production in Germany, though it probably wouldn't make much sense if it's an amount below 10.000 EUR...

Every investor would get a share from the winnings made each year, and if I have 300 different investors, it would be A LOT of work just to transfer the money (and too high costs to make sense, probably).

I'll give you more information about it soon, but if you're interested in investing into the OpenPandora GmbH to produce the Pandora, let me know.

BTW: The same company is also running my GP2X Shop, so anyone who invest would get a share of the winnings there as well.

So would this investment pay dividends only from Pandoras sold in your shop, or all Pandoras? Same question for iCP (I'm assuming this would at least get dividends from iCPs sold in your shop)

I suppose I should wait for broader overall disclosure.. any ideas of when it'll go live and about how much market cap will be sold?

Only the Pandoras (and EVERYTHING else) sold in my shop.

Caanoos, Everdrives, iControlPad, etc.

And the Pandoras sold to distributors, as that should make money as well (except for the ones that go to Craig, he'll get them for production costs, for sure)

I will have a detailed business plan ready soon (probably next week).

I look forward to the full release of the business plan. I expect that in the relative short term Pandoras will be quite profitable at $500.. wouldn't be bad to cash in on that a little..

I wonder if major investors will be able to get first in line for Pandora 2 ;)

Why mingle your shop in there?

And i forbid you to associate this wih your video business in any way at all :)

Jeffphone

Back